3- Childhood friend

You and your friend headed down to the lake like she promised. Though it was to cold to go swimming, you sat down on some rocks by the shore. (Y/Friends/N) sat down next to you. She picked up a flat rock and smirked. Then she tossed it as hard as she could into the lake so that it skipped on top of the water. She looked at you but you didn't really notice. You were back in thought about all these unanswered questions you had.

         "Hey (Y/N), you ok?" (Y/Friends/N) asked you shaking you a bit. You turned to look at her but didn't answer her question. "You seem really down and deep in thought today.. what's wrong?" She asked again.

         "Nothing, just bringing up old memories..." You said and pulled out the black and white picture of you and the little boy. You hoped your friend didn't notice you staring at the picture, but she did of course. She quickly snatched the picture out of your hand, eyeing it. "Hey! Give that back!" You yelped trying to grab the photo back from her. She pulled her arm away from you trying to make out the tiny picture.

         "Why do you have a picture of you playing with a little boy?" She asked laughing.

         "Cause I do!" You said quickly snatching the photo back from her. Putting it in you pocket, you glared at her. She laughed a bit more then grabbed another rock.

         "So who's the little boy? I couldn't tell who it was in the picture." She said as she threw the rock into the cold water.

          You sighed clearly not wanting to answer her questions. 'How can I answer her questions if I don't even know myself?!' You thought. After a few minutes of just sitting there, you reply, "I don't remember who he is. That's what's been on my mind all week." Your friend looks at you.

          "Well what do you remember?" She asked.

          "I remember playing with him when he was little. I first met him here at this lake when I was 6 years old. It was the first time my parents brought us here. He smiled at me and took my hand and told me to come play with him. We ran to the woods and played all day with his dog. A few weeks went by and we became the best of friends. Me, him and his dog. Then I left with my parents. Six years later we surprisingly met up again at the same lake. Me and him were both older but he was the same friend I had. He smiled at me and took me to the lake where we danced and played for the rest of the day happy to be together again. I was falling for him... After a few days he started falling for me as well. He would leave me little gifts. I cherished them every one of them and I still have them to this day...." You said trying to bring up the memories in your head.

          "You remember that but not what he looks like?"

          "Hey, you can't blame me! You remember memories more then you remember what people looked like!"

          "Ok anyways, what happened to him?"

          No clue. One day he didn't show up at our usual meet up place. I waited and waited. After what felt like forever I started to get worried. So I went to search for him. I decided to search at the lake first since that is where he usually went. I didn't find him there so I kept searching. I didn't see him at all. He must have left that day and I haven't been to this lake 'til now. The last thing he gave me was a flower that I still kept." You said.

          "Where are all these gifts of his?" She asked intrigued.

          "No clue. I think I buried them somewhere in a lunch box but I could be wrong. The thing is I feel like he is here. I keep hearing his voice every where I go. I also found my name craved into the bark of a tree." You explained to her. "I feel like I'm going crazy. I'm not crazy right?"

          "Your not crazy and I also know what we are doing for the rest of this summer!" She declared.

          "What's that?"

          "We're going to figure out and find who ever this childhood friend is!" She said talking your hands and pulling you up to stand by her.