Chapter 16

Nino's POV

I sat by the school stairs, waiting for Alya to show up. I was curious about her new theory for who ladybug was. I wondered what Adrien thought about me spending so much time with her. I blew a few bubbles and leaned forward, watching Alya walk into view, she headed over to my side and sat down.

"So you know the whole thing about Marinette being ladybug?" She asked me, smirking.

"Yeah, I'm not doing anything stupid this time." I replied as she pulled out her phone. I watched the video with interest before shrugging. "She said she was friends with her."

"Mmhm," Alya responded, then what about when ladybug dropped that textbook, (reference to the pharaoh episode.) There were probably multiple Ladybugs."

"Ok... you think Mari's Ladybug... so?" I replied.

"And whenever I mention her being Ladybug she gets all defencive!" Alya replied, seeming to have not heard me.

"You're probably jumping to a wrong conclusion again." I sighed.

"Maybe you're right..." Alya replied, seeming to see how different the two people really were. "Ok."

I smiled at Alya, blowing a few more bubbles. I watched as Adrien and Mari approached us.

"They've grown close haven't they." Alya smirked at her friend.

"I wish we were like them." I whispered to myself, a bit too loud because Alya's head snapped around in surprise, oops. I blushed and looked away, "I m-meant." I stuttered, trying to cover my mistake.

Alya just smiled at me and patted my back, weird.

"Hi!" Marinette called out to her best friend, Adrien walking next to her.

"You're early for once." Alya called back, "Finally got enough sleep?"

Marinette yawned in response, causing Alya to giggle.

"Can't wait till the weekend." She mumbled in response. Me and Alya stood up and we made our way to the classroom.

"Alya's really determined to figure out who Ladybug is." I told Adrien as we sat down for class.

"Oh, who has she concluded now?" Adrien asked me.

"Mari, but I think I convinced her that she was wrong." I replied.

"Oh, and what about Chat?" He asked. The bell rang before I could answer and we turned towards the board.

Ladybug's POV

"Now today we're going to pick up..." I heard the teacher start as I pulled out my drawing book, editing my new design I was working on.

"Ooh!" I heard Alya exclaim as she looked at my book. "Chat Noir themed?"

"Yeah, I'm a pretty big fan." I replied, doodling a paw print on the neck line. Alya continued to look at the drawing.

"It would be so cool if you made that and put it on my blog!" Alya exclaimed.

"Yeah, maybe." I smiled, adding more pawprints to the trim. I looked up at the teached, not really paying attention to the lesson, before putting my book away and zoning out. Images of yesterday flashed through my head.

The day dragged by at snail pace but finally the end of day bell rang, me and Alya jumped up from our seats, I grabbing my bag and headed towards the door.

"Don't forget the homework, page seventythree." Our teacher called out as we headed out of the classroom.

"Smoothies?" Alya asked as we headed down the steps.

"Sure!" I exclaimed.

"Hey." I turned around to see Adrien.

"Hi kitty." I replied.

"Kitty?" Alya looked at us skeptically, "Why kitty."

"Well, at least it's your fault this time." Adrien joked.

"You're Ladybug aren't you." Alya sighed.

"Look, I'm sorry-" I was cut off as Alya gripped my shoulder.

"It ok Mari... I get why you didn't tell me." Alya looked at me before squealing in excitement, "My best friend's Lady-" I covered her mouth with my hand.

"Just because you know doesn't mean the whole world should."

"Oops." Alya smiled sheepishly when I removed my hand, before exclaiming more quietly, "You're Ladybug!"

Alya knows! Yay! I started the next chapter, but I probably won't get around to finishing it today, lots of homework like usual. Like seriously, why do we even have homework! I know that there are reasons but still, it's not how I would rather be spending my time...

I also want to apologize for any typos, I probably will go over my chapters and edit some of them but I most likely won't get all of them. Sorry for any confusion I have caused your brains.