Chapter 20

Chat Noir's POV

I stayed by Marinette's bed for a moment, wondering what caused her to be so tired, I was worried. I heard Alya coming up to Marinette's room but I didn't move.

"What happened?" Alya called worriedly.

"I-I really don't know," I answered, hearing the worry in my own voice, I had never seen m'lady this week.

"Well, I'm spending the night." Alya told me, "I'll look after her, don't worry."

"Okay..." I agreed, I wanted to stay with her. I turned towards the window before turning back to Marinette and placing a light kiss on her forehead, "I'll help."

"Okay, but be careful, I don't know what her parents would think if they saw you." Alya pointed out, she had a point.

"I'll stay up here with her then." I decided, "what are we even going to do anyways?"

"First off, let her sleep." Alya declared, "What happened?"

I looked down at the ground, I should have protected her. "The akuma hit her with a green drop." I sighed, "But the wound seems to have gone away, so I don't know what's wrong."

"Maybe It just tired her out." Alya said.

"But she's never been like this, even after the most tiering fights she's always stayed strong." I answered.

"Well, maybe all these fights are taking a toll on her!" Alya retorted.

"Yeah... There hasn't been an akuma in a long time though, I think this one was different.

Alya processed my words carefully before responding, "We can't help her, if we don't know what's wrong."

My ears drooped as I looked at Mari. "You're gonna be ok." I whispered, squeezing her hand.

Alya looked at her friend in concern, "I'll get her some water for when she wakes up." She decided.

I watched Alya walk off before sitting on Mari's bed. I still held her hand in mine and I brought it up to my lips, placing a light kiss on the back of it.

I heard Alya coming up the stairs and turned to meet her. "I got a cookie for her kwami." She said.

"Oh! Thank you!" We heard a little voice speak up. Tikki flew over to Alya and took the cookie.

"Is Mari gonna be ok?" I asked the little ladybug kwami.

"I hope so..." She looked sad, "I think she just needs rest."

I looked down at Mari and back at her kwami, "Maybe I should go." I suddenly remembered the photoshoot I was supposed to be at. I was in trouble.

I waved to Alya and tikki and kissed Marinette's forehead again before jumping out the window.

Sorry for the short chapter, I made the croissants and they turned out beautifully. I'm really happy with them and I think my friends are gonna love them!

Sorry, I'm just really happy with them! It's my first time making them so

Sorry, I'm just really happy with them! It's my first time making them so... :D