Chapter 19

Ladybug's POV

"Just great!" I growled, looking at Chat.

"What!" He flinched as his arm bumped against the wall.

I jumped out of the way as a green drop flew towards me, it smashed into the wall behind me and disappeared with a spark of black. I closed my eyes for a second and summoned lucky charm.

"Ladybug!" Chat yelled in panic, "Watch out!" Too late.

I Stepped sideways, trying to avoid being hit and felt an explosion of pain in my side. I tensed and clenched my side, scanning my surroundings with my lucky vision.

"Chat! Distract him!" I yelled over as the wind intensified.

"But you're hurt!" He yelled back, leaping towards me.

"Just go!" I yelled back as the pain intensified in my side, "I'm okay!"

Chat looked at me with worry before leaping towards the villain. I swung my yoyo into the air, flinching at the pain and biting my lip hard. I looked back down at the little glass jar of liquid and looked back at the Zombinator.

"Thirsty?" I called and his head snapped towards me. The bottle smashed into his nose and burst open, sending stinging water into his eyes. He opened his hand and a small bracelet slipped off his wrist as he clutched his eyes, trying to wipe away the liquid.

"Here!" Chat tossed me the bracelet he had picked up off the ground.

I reached out my hand, managing to catch the bracelet. I dropped it, stepping on it and releasing the akuma. Catching the butterfly in my yoyo I purified it and released it.

"Miraculous ladybug!" I yelled and watched as everything went back to normal. I looked down at my side in relief, the deep stinging wound had disappeared but my side still ached horribly, I felt exhaustion clouding my brain and swayed back and forth, feeling strong arms catch me just before I fell.

"Mari!" He whispered, "What's wrong!"

"So, tired..." I mumbled closing my eyes.

"Mari!" Chat shook me and I opened my eyes to see his reflecting worry.

"I'm ok kitty." I whispered, smiling slightly. "I just need to rest."

"I'll take you home." Chat decided, worry still tinging his voice.

"Okay..." I smiled leaning up and kissing him softy. "Thank you."

I didn't know what was wrong, I guessed I was just exhausted and the fight had taken a toll on me. The green metal drop must have had something to do with it.

I closed my eyes as Chat lept off towards my house, people had gathered around us, asking what had happened.

"Thank you." I whispered again, letting my transformation wear off as Chat set me down on my bed.

"Anything for you m'lady." Was the last thing I heard before I fell asleep.

Sorry for the short chapter, I'm making croissants right now and trying to write and draw. I hope you liked this chapter! I was listening to music when I wrote this (Still am) so that helped add emoting to this chapter, I hope.

Thanks you guys, you're amazing!