Chapter 22

Chat Noir's POV

I decided to go check on Mari, I had texted her but she hadn't answered back yet and it had already been five minutes! I knew I was overreacting but... I wanted to go check on her. I arrived at her house as Adrien and after saying a quick hi to her parents ran up the stairs to see her, I nearly knocked Alya over as I ran into her room.

"Oh! Sorry!" I exclaimed, helping her up, "Is Mari doing any better?"

"Oh..." Alya looked back at Marinette, "She's actually doing worse." I saw her visibly cringe as she said that and looked back at Mari in worry.

"W-what do you mean!" I panicked.

"Well... her lucky charm didn't heal her side, so it's causing her a lot of pain and she's still really tired." Alya sighed, indicating a sleeping Marinette, "Plus... her parents don't even have a clue that she's hurt yet."

"Well, that will be interesting." I muttered darkly. I walked over to Mari and sat down next to her. "So she woke up?" I asked.

"Yeah, just enough to sit up and start her side hurting before going back to sleep." Alya frowned.

"Oh..." I looked at the sleeping form of the girl beside me, dark thoughts swirling through my head, what is she never woke up! What if the wound in her side killed her! Then a more realistic one hit me, "What if an akuma attacks while she's out!"

"Good point." I heard Alya say and realized I had said that last part aloud. "She wouldn't be able to fight, even if she wanted too. I just glared at her window, taking out all of my anger and frustration in the look I gave it, I was rather surprised when all it did was sit there and stare back... if that's even possible for a window. I was sure if it had been a person they would have been terrified.

"Hi." I heard the weak voice of Marinette speak up beside me. I turned my head and smiled down at her, all my anger evaporating in an instant.

"You're awake!" I took her hand gently, "How are you feline?"

"Ugh!" She exclaimed followed by and "Owch!" as she twisted and I watched in concern as her hand immediately shot to her side.

"Want some advil?" I asked her and she noded her head thankfully.

"Oh! Good idea!" Alya exclaimed and jumped up to go get some from Marinette's bathroom, she returned a few seconds later with a glass of water and a small bottle of advil. She dropped a tablet into Mari's hand and she pushed herself up carefully, drinking the water to swallow the pill. (Advil is a pill right?)

"Thanks." She smiled after sitting in silence, waiting for the pain to wear off.

"Of course princess." I smirked and Alya turned to look at me.

"How many different names do you have for her?" Alya asked.

"Don't!" Mari sighed, "Don't get him started."

"Well, lets see..." I continued smirking, "There's Bugaboo, M'lady, Princess, Ladybug, Mari..."

Hi! Sorry for the really short chapter. I feel like all the past chapters are the same thing and i'm sorta stuck on where to take this... Well, I hope I get out of this block soon.

Also... does anyone know the actual date that the second season is supposed to come out? I've heard a few different ones so... I'm not sure. PLEASE tell me if you know when it will come out! The wait is killing me! :D