Chapter 5: The First Lesson

The next morning, Hermione gently shook me awake.

"'Mione..." I groaned, trying to pull the covers back over my head. She sat down next to me. I slowly looked up over the sheets. "What?"

"Where'd you go last night?" She said, looking at me. I quickly looked around the dorm. "It's okay." She assured. "The others have already gone to the common room. We haven't got long until breakfast."

"Er... What d'you mean?" I asked innocently.

"Oh come off it Aims. I heard you come back in last night at about four in the morning! Where did you go?" I sighed. Nothing gets past her.

"Well... I was thinking about what you said last night. It woke me up. I couldn't get back to sleep, so I went for a walk."

"Really? Why did you think on it so much? It was only a suspicion. I'll tell Ron what you said as well if you want. It's Tuesday today. Are you going today or do you start helping him next week?"

"Er... One, I don't know. I think I was trying to figure out how I had given off that impression. Secondly, yeah. Could you explain to Ron please? And third... I don't actually know. I'll go anyway and see though."

"Okay. You could ask him later, we have Potions second. And don't think too much on what we thought. It was just us messing around at first. But Ron started wondering if it could actually be the truth."

"Okay." I replied, starting to get up. "Are you ready to go to breakfast?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'll let you get done. Don't be long though. Breakfast is in twenty minutes." Hermione said as she left the dorm. I took a breath and got out of bed. Quickly straightening the sheets, I grabbed my wand and makeup bag and headed towards the bathroom. Taking a quick shower. I wrapped myself in my towel and quickly used my wand to dry the damp tendrils of my hair that had fallen out of my messy bun in the shower. I quickly dried myself off and dressed in my usual school robes. Taking out the hairband and letting it hang loose around my shoulders. Whilst brushing my teeth, Hermione knocked on the door.

"Amy. Can I come in?" I went and opened the door for her because I still had my toothbrush in my mouth. As I finished off, she sat down on the closed toilet and waited. I put my toothbrush away and started on the thin, natural layer of makeup that I always wear.

"You take forever." Said Hermione, resting her chin on her hand.

"Hermione. I have literally been in here for ten minutes! I'd like to see you be that quick."

"Okay! Okay!" She grinned at me, following me back through to the dormitory, where I started to repack my school bag and put my homework in. Both of which were due today.

"Why'd you come up here to wait for me anyway? You would normally wait downstairs." I asked, as we both made our way down the spiral stair case.

"I only really came to tell you that I have told Ron what you said. But be careful, I don't think he fully believes it."

I raised my eyebrows at Hermione before rolling my eyes. "Why not?"

"I don't know! It's Ron! Why does he ever think anything? But don't worry about it. He won't mention what we thought. But I think he has a few questions about your helping him on a Tuesday."

"Right." I said, as we came up to the small table, at which sat Ron and Ginny. Ginny was reading notes, whereas Ron was writing furiously and occasionally glancing at the open Potions textbook.

"Ron!" Said Hermione. "You said you had finished the potions essay." He looked up at her guiltily and shrugged.

"Sorry 'Mione. I've done the Transfiguration one though!" He smiled brightly.