Chapter 14: Apprentice

Thursday morning came quickly and I woke to moonlight streaming in through the curtains. Glancing at the clock, I saw it read 4:58 and groaned. Closing my eyes, I attempted to get some more sleep. After about 15 minutes of tossing and turning I threw the covers away from me and quickly climbed out of bed, knocking my foot against my bedside table as I did.

"Fuck's sake." I hissed under my breath, nervously looking over to see everyone else was still asleep. Picking up some clothes and my wand, I walked into the bathroom and locked the door. Quickly casting a silencing charm, I turned on the taps of the bath and sat down on the floor as I waited for it to fill up.

Climbing into the hot water I rested my head back against the white ceramic and closed my eyes. My thoughts drifted to the past Tuesday and I smiled as I remembered my heady encounter with the Potions Professor. What would have happened if we hadn't have been interrupted? I opened my eyes again and watched the bubbles around me as I contemplated this. Would Severus have let it gone the whole way? Would I? My heart started beating faster at the prospect and I thought about Rebecca's comment. 'He seriously needs to get laid.' I traced the bubbles with my hands and wondered what I would have done. What would Severus think of the fact I had never had sex before? I shook my head at myself and my thoughts and smiled. Besides... We had agreed nothing drastic would happen whilst I was still a student. Right?

I climbed out of the bath half an hour later and brushed my teeth as I let the water drain away. After drying myself with the towel I quickly got dressed and left the bathroom. Grabbing my school bag I looked at the clock which read 5:44 and smiled at my still sleeping friends. Making my way swiftly to the common room I climbed through the circular doorway and made my way to Severus's Chambers.

After hitting the right bricks and saying the password, I walked through the door and looked around. The last burning embers of the fire was casting a soft glow around the otherwise empty room. I walked to the partially open door in front of me and peeked in, smiling as I looked at the sleeping form of Severus. Laying on his side away from me, the green sheets only covered him from the waist down and because he wasn't wearing a top, I could see the gentle ripple of muscles over his back as he slept. Carefully making my way back, I laid down on the sofa and watched as the red glow danced over the ashes and wood. I felt my eyes close slowly as I fell asleep.

***

I woke to hand gently rubbing over my shoulder and looked up at the smiling form of Severus, blinking in the light. Sitting up, I stretched and yawned. Severus put a cup of tea on to the table next to me and shook his head, still smiling. As my eyes focused to the light, I took in the fact that Severus was not wearing a shirt. I subconsciously reached out and ran my fingertips over his delicately muscular, and hairless chest. I grinned as I felt a shiver run through him at my touch and looked up into the dark eyes, which seemed to have become more intense.

"Careful." He whispered, his voice hoarse. I blushed and looked down at my hands. I suddenly felt his hand under my chin and gasped as his lips met mine. His tongue worked its way over mine and he lifted me close to him. I ran my hands through his hair as he held my waist. After a while he pulled away, smiling.

"Come on." He said, leaning back. "Breakfast." I grinned and skipped away from him and over to the kitchen.

"Vat vould Sir like?" I asked in a mock French accent and was rewarded with Severus's deep chuckle that reverberated off the walls.

"Whatever you make. I'm sure it will be delicious." I grinned and nodded, looking through the cupboards and fridge. After a short while I decided on Pancakes and Bacon and set to work making it. As I put the first lot of batter into the frying pan, I felt strong hands wind around my waist and warmth hit my back. I leant back into Severus as I watched the pancake.