Chapter 17: Escape

Amelia's POV

"Where the fuck is he?" I growled.

"Language please Miss Baxter." Dumbledore said quietly as we left the Leaky Cauldron. So far all we had found out was that he had been drinking in the Hogs Head until around 2 this morning. But after that we had no idea where he was.

"He's definitely not at Hogwarts?" I asked.

"No Miss Baxter. We have looked. If he was there, we would have found him." Dumbledore replied calmly. Yet for once there was a glimmer of alarm in the crystal blue eyes. I felt crushed and on the edge of tears once more.

"Amy. What happened last night between you two?" Minerva asked gently. I looked up a her and sighed.

"I... I, told him we couldn't..." I didn't want to say anymore so waved my hands in the air to try and get my point across. Quite probably looking just a little insane.

"And why did you do that?" Dumbledore asked, looking at me over the rims of his glasses. He looked to be almost mocking me.

"Because I did alright. I don't want to damage his career!" I said, feeling my temper flare unexpectedly. Why were they wasting time when they should have been looking for Severus? "Come on Dumbledore! Where the hell would he be?" I said, before suddenly realising how unlikely it would be to find him. "Please." I whispered, sitting on the cold cobbles at the back of the well know inn.

"Well. There is only one more place I can think of that he might go to. But if you mean to stay away from each other. It is best you don't come with me to find him."

"Where?" I said, glaring at him.

"The only place I can think he would go to get away from something is his own home. And if he is there, don't worry. His House Elf would have been taking very good care of him. She is devoted to Severus."

"He has a House Elf?"

"Yes. A sweet little thing named Zuri. Always dressed well, Severus cares for her well being more than himself sometimes. But it pays off. There is nothing Zuri wouldn't do for Severus."

"So you think he might be there?" I asked, hope flickering once more.

"Yes. It's his favourite place." I closed my eyes at this news, biting my tongue to stop me from screaming at the Headmaster, 'Why the fuck didn't we go there first then?'

"So I need to go back to Hogwarts?"

"It's for the best." Minerva said softly, resting a hand on my shoulder. I nodded and shrugged her off. Feeling defeated once more, I walked back into the Pub, and Flooed to Dumbledore's office.

***

Severus's POV

I jumped as I heard a knock at the door. Not moving, I smiled as I heard Zuri open it for me. I strained my ears to listen to the conversation and stood in shock as Albus and Minerva walked into the room.

"Ah. Severus. There you are." Albus said calmly. Minerva looked somewhat out of place in the grey and green living room with her dark blue robes and smart hat.

"Albus. Minerva." I said, nodding politely, grimacing as I saw the elderly witch trying to contain her anger.

"Would Master like Zuri to make some tea?" Zuri asked, scuttling around the Headmaster.

"No, it's okay Zuri. We won't be long." Albus replied for me. Zuri nodded and looked at me.

"Will Master be leaving also?"