Chapter 16: Zuri

I woke up to a pounding headache and a silent dorm. Getting up, I tried to open my eyes and sighed as I realised they were glued together with dried tears. I sighed and felt my way to the bathroom. Knowing the place so well I was able to get to the sink and clear some sleep from my eyes. With cloudy vision once again, I turned on the taps of the bath, put the plug in, and walked back into the room. I looked at my bed and grimaced at the blood on the sheets, rubbed off from my hand. Looking down at it, I felt another tear roll down my cheek and watched as it fell onto the blood. It smeared and the saltwater began an elegant dance on my skin. Mixing and twirling with the ominous red, bringing it back to life from the dried, crusty state it had been in. 'STOP IT' A voice in my head shouted at me. Great, now I was hearing things. I angrily wiped the tear away and took in a deep breath. I counted to ten and smiled. Picturing memories with Hermione and her parents. Our holiday in Spain two years ago. That was it, I thought. Keep the good ones. I quickly stormed back into the bathroom and slammed the door.

***

Swiftly going up to my seat in the hall. I sat down with Ron, Hermione, and Ginny. Who were eating dinner.

"Hey guys!" I said brightly. "Why didn't you wake me up?" They looked between themselves before Ron shrugged.

"Dunno. After yesterday we all thought you could do with some sleep." He said.

"What happened yesterday?" I asked, knowing it would sound crazy. But I was feeling jumpy and wanted to test them. Would they know not to mention it? Or would have to be the time I have to tell them that it is not to become a topic of conversation. Hermione looked at me sceptically before sitting up straighter and smiling brightly.

"Nothing!" She said, but she reached for my hand under the table and gave it a quick squeeze. I smiled at her gratefully. Her support was all I needed. She knew me well.

"Are you still coming to Diagon Alley today Ron?" I asked. He looked surprised, before shaking his head.

"No. I went earlier. I didn't want to get then to wake you up. Sorry." I felt slightly crestfallen but smiled at him none the less.

"That's okay. I'm going now though." I replied, getting up.

"Wait. You haven't eaten anything yet?" Hermione said. I smiled sheepishly.

"I know. I'm not hungry." I turned around and left. Failing to fight the urge to look around. I caught a glimpse of Dumbledore's blue eyes watching me with sadness. But saw no black cloaks. Not injured hand. No broken heart. Snape was not there. I bit my tongue, gripped my purse tighter, and walked up the stone steps. I gave the Fat Lady the password and was taken aback when she smiled sweetly and let me in.

I walked up to the fireplace and grabbed a handful of the Floo Powder that had been put next to it for the day. Stepping inside, I took a deep breath and shouted out my destination. "The Leaky Cauldron." My stomach twisted and I felt as though I was being pushed through a thin tube, but it ended as soon as it had started. My feet landed firmly on the hard stone floor and I walked quickly up to the bar.

"Ya'll righ' Amy? What can 'E get ya?" David, a middle aged man with silvery blonde hair and my boss from the past summer, smiled at me. Before frowning. "Some 'nck strong by't looks o' it?" He continued, looking slightly concerned. I smiled weakly.

"Just some water for now. I have some shopping to do, but can you have a Fire Whiskey ready by half nine please?" I asked. That should give me enough time to take out some of the money I had earnt over summer and buy everyone's gifts.

"You sure sweetie? I can't tempt you into a Butterbeer? On the house of course." He said, winking. I laughed at his attempts to cheer me up.

"Honestly Dave! How on earth do you expect to keep this place running when every time I order something you tell me it's on the house? I will have a Butterbeer please. But I'm paying." I said, knowing what his answer would be.