Chapter 12: 10 Days

Severus's POV

I muttered my password and opened the door. I stumbled in shock slightly when I saw Albus standing next to my fireplace, my Slug Club picture in his hand. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Ah Severus. I trust you had a good walk." I rolled my eyes, throwing my cloak over the back of a dining chair, and headed towards my kitchen.

"Why are you here Albus?" I asked, pouring myself a small glass of Firewhiskey.

"Am I not allowed to be?" He asked, replacing the small photo onto the mantle.

"It may be nice if you had asked, these are my personal chambers after all."

"Duly noted Severus. However for now I would like to talk to you. May we sit?" He asked, gesturing towards my table. I nodded and sat down, gently sipping my drink.

"What?" I asked, rather rudely.

"Now Severus, there is no need for hostility. Anyway, do you wish to tell me anything?" I swallowed and watched the clear blue eyes that were giving nothing away.

"I don't know? Do I?" I asked, raising my eyebrows and sipping my drink again.

"I think you might do." He said, looking at me over the rim of his glasses. "Remember what we discussed." I sighed and put down my drink. We had discussed that if anything were to happen between me and Amelia, I would tell him.

"Albus." I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose. "Please."

"Okay, okay. I understand." He said, holding up his hands. "But Severus, I just want to help you. Remember that." He got up to leave and was almost out of the door when I changed my mind.

"Wait." I called, the old man looked to me expectantly. "I kissed her." I admitted, looking into my glass in shame. I saw Albus nod in the corner of my eye.

"Well, thank you for telling me. Even if you were somewhat hesitant. I do not mind Severus, as you already know. But please, for her sake as well as your own. Be careful." I looked up at him just as he was shutting the door. His blue eyes twinkled as he smiled. As I listened to his footsteps get gradually quieter, I smiled and looked at the pile of papers that Amelia had marked. Quickly scanning over the top one, I chuckled at how similar our style of marking was. Then again, I thought to myself, she is the one who taught me how to mark like I do today. Amelia. I quickly gulped back the rest of my drink and took the glass to the sink. Heading back to my sofa, I picked up my book and started to read.

***

Amelia's POV

I walked into the common room and immediately spotted Ron sat at the small table in the corner, he was flicking through a small book and occasionally writing on the parchment next to him.

"Hey." I said, sitting down opposite him. He looked up at me in surprise.

"Hello stranger. Where have you been all morning? Hermione was going to send out a missing person notice for you before the dress arrived."

"Dress?"

"Rebecca's dress for the ball. They are all cooing over it upstairs. Mad..."

"Got what you are wearing?" I asked.

"Yeah. He said. "I asked Mum for some money and got myself a tux. Looks good. Well... I mean I think it does anyway. But I'm no expert."

"What about a date?" I asked. Ron blushed and looked down at his work.

"Don't have one." He replied.

"Hmm... Okay."

"What?" He asked, looking up at me again.