Carnophobia || Epilogue

Epilogue
-Ten Years Later-

Matt stared at the four walls of his house, his eyes fell on a photo of him, Jason, Stephanie, Kayla and Nate had been taken the day before the party - the party that had ruined everything, he swallowed thickly and got to his feet wanting to get away, away from his thoughts and away from the house that reeked of memories. He went upstairs and changed into jogging clothes, he shoved his phone into his pocket plugging in one earphone.
I got no time flashed on the screen and started playing in his ear, the blond let out a small puff of air and opened the door of his house, the sun blindingly bright.

The theorist lived alone and at the moment had a relationship with nobody, he hadn't properly moved on from the carnophobic. After what happened he didn't go back to school for about a month and didn't talk to anyone for over three months, Stephanie and Jason had been filled on from what happened on the hill by Kayla. The redhead had taken in Morgan and raised her for a few years until the female was old enough to move out. He hadn't seen her since she'd left for collage, at least two years ago.

It had been years since Nate had passed away on that hill and Matt had buried him under the tree, on his grave he'd engraved the words,
'Here lies Nathan Sharp
A brave man
He died too soon
But I'll never forget our story no matter how short it was'

****

Tears streamed down his face as he jogged, he blamed it on the violent winds that were almost knocking him down to the ground but he kept running pushing past the winds, he took a few deep breathes and stopped when he got to the park, he sat down on the bench and stared at the ground allowing his thoughts to swallow him whole, he buried his head in his hands and sighed heavily not caring who was looking at him.

Nathan Sharp I miss you so damn much you died too soon, at least we've managed to contain all of the cannibals you'll be happy I guess. Nate I'll never stop loving you, our love story was definitely my favourite it ended too soon but I promise I'll carry on living for you.

❝Excuse me sir, you look sad do you need a hug?❞ A voice asked and the theorist looked up to see a young boy with messy ebony hair and glasses, Matt wiped the tears from his eyes and shook his head.
❝Sorry kid but somethings can't be fixed with a hug.❞
The young boy frowned and hugged Matt, the blond sighed and hugged the younger kid back.

❝NATHAN! Leave the poor man alone,❞ A familiar female voice called almost laughing, she jogged over to where they were and the second Matt saw her, he knew who she was.
❝Morgan?❞ He questioned, the female looked at him and smiled,
❝Matt!❞
The dark haired female sat down next to him and hugged him tightly,
❝He really looks like him doesn't he?❞ There was a sadness laced in her voice, he nodded slowly a look of sympathy on his face.
❝Yeah... Yeah he really does.❞

Nathan sat down on the ground and Morgan just chuckled at her son's stupidity,
❝He acts like him too but really Matt I know it was ten years ago but how are you doing?❞
The theorist sighed,
❝It's stupid but I do sometimes I still cry over it, I'm pathetic aren't I?❞
The female shook her head,
❝No I still cry about it too sometimes, you have every right to cry Matt you were with him when he died.❞

****

The young child looked at Matt with a glimmer of awe and interest in his eyes.
❝Sir, how do you know my mummy?❞ He asked curiosity obvious in his voice.
❝We're old friends practically family isn't that right?❞ Matt jokily elbowed Morgan who laughed lightly. Nathan sat himself down on the theorist's lap and as the female was away to protest Matt just raised his finger to her lips,
❝It's fine, don't worry about it Morgan.❞
Nathan giggled at Matt's words,
❝Yeah Morgan.❞
The theorist looked at the mother who was now giving him a death glare, he shrugged laughing, he tickled the ebony,
❝Don't be cheeky to your mother.❞