Chapter 10~Surprises and Books

Gingerly, I picked up the note from under the door.

Word is you’re sick…

A wide grin spread itself on my face and I almost forgot to go and get my notepad. He had started it this time. This almost made being sick worth it.

The word it right then. XP

I slid the note under the door and prayed for the best.

What’s XP?

I almost laughed but scribbled the reply back.

It’s like a bleh face.

His green paper came my way again.

Oh I see it now…

Before I could reply with a smiley face another green slip of paper came through.

So…Do you feel ok?

Was this concern? Was Terrence concerned for me? I grinned again. Does that mean he cared for me? No. I’m thinking too much into it.

No. My throat feels like I swallowed a cactus and I can barely breathe. But I’m ok. :)

Good. We wouldn’t want you dying on us.

A snicker came out of my mouth and I could feel his smile from behind the door. This felt…nice. Like we just jumped to being friends. Perhaps not a large jump, but a jump nonetheless.

Yeah. I don’t think my mom would appreciate it.

Sorry.

Confusion flitted through me. What does he mean sorry? Everything is going great. There’s no need for apology.

Why?

For leaving last time. Well…Two times now. I guess I just didn’t know you and didn’t have anything to say.

Smiling I read and reread it. I sighed deeply and scribbled down the only thing on my mind.

Do you have something to say now?

I couldn’t hold back the nervousness and bit my lip. Was this considered flirting? How sad is that? I don’t even know what flirting consists of. I’m 16 and I don’t know how to do something teenagers do on a daily basis. Although considering my generation, I don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing.

Yeah. :)

Was he flirting back??? No. That’s preposterous. Absolutely preposterous. I continued nibbling on my lower lip, contemplating on what to say next. But before I could do anything, Mrs. Holmes voice echoed throughout the house.

“Terrence!”

“Yes?” Oh goodness. I forgot how wonderful his voice was.

“I need you to help me with the girls!” She must have been on the highest level of the house if she had to yell to find him.

“I’ll be right there!”

I have to go help mum. Bye. :/

The final slip of green paper passed under my door and I quickly shot up, almost falling over in a frantic. Turning the knob I opened up my room and watched his retreating back up the stairs. Tartar sauce.

I collapsed onto the bed after carefully scooping up all his notes and placing them inside the draw in my new nightstand. This all had to be a dream. Terrence started a conversation, apologized for leaving the first time, and even flirted back. I reprimanded myself. It wasn’t flirting. He was just answering my question…politely…yeah that’s it.