Chapter 13~Yardsales and Accidents

“Are you kidding me? That’s like, the sweetest thing ever! That little terd!”

I had shared about how we first met, the book, the notes, the rain. Everything. It all seemed to pour out and she gobbled it up hungrily; taking in every detail.

 I tried to hide my confusion at her mood swing. But who are we kidding? “Huh?”

“He suddenly becomes the sweetest thing alive and he doesn’t even tell me. Rude.” She crossed her arms in a sulking way and I held back a laugh.

“So I take it he’s not really forward when liking someone?” Curiosity was biting away. How did he act when he liked someone? What did he usually say? I couldn’t imagine him a player at all.

She looked at me as if I had grown another head. “Are you kidding? I’ve never even seen him look at a girl in a different way. We all thought…well…he was playing for the other team or something.”

A small snicker came out but a thought dawned on me. “Don’t tell anyone this. He would be so embarrassed.”

She raised her eyebrow in skepticism. “You mean he would be embarrassed or you would be?”

“Heh…heheh…” I could feel my face heat up a little. “Well we might both be embarrassed…”

A small pain ran through both my cheeks at the realization she was pinching them. Ow. “You two are too cute! Ugh! I just want you to go out already!” Whoa whoa whoa. Hold the banjo.

“Ummm…I don’t think…I don’t know if-“

“Mate, what does one fish say to the other when it isn’t sharing?” Martin’s voice was getting closer and Lucy let go of my cheeks as they approached.

Craig let out a deep sigh. “What?”

“Don’t be shellfish. Get it! Shellfish!” Craig and Terrence had faint smiles on their faces and began shoving Martin around in a rough playful way.

“Mate that is so bad!” The raven haired boy bopped the blonde on the head with the soccer ball.

“Well Emily would think it’s funny. Wouldn’t you?” He casually draped his arm around my shoulders and I looked over to Terrence; awaiting a reaction. Anything. But nothing. He only looked down at the dewy grass after seeing everything unfold. A breath caught in my throat.

“I would think it was funny if you were actually serious.” I let out.

Lucy glared daggers at Martin; probably for being so dominant. I casually and quickly slipped away from his hold and walked a step away; in Terrence’s direction. A glance at him revealed a ghost of a smile on his face and he looked back up.

“Ooo she got you!” Craig bellowed and outstretched his hand for a high-five; me obliging.

A scowl was on the blonde’s face. “So what do you want to do now?”

“I saw a yard sale a while back.” Terrence’s beautiful voice cut through the tension.

“Oh no no no. Not again.” Martin held up both hands in a defensive way.

“Why? What’s wrong with a yard sale?” I couldn’t help but ask.

“Nothing. Yard sales are fine. It’s just going with Terrence is a pain in the butt! He goes off into these dark corners trying to find junk and barely says two words!” A smirk crawled onto my face. That sounds like something he would do.

“I can’t help it!” He began defending himself. “You guys are always talking. All the time. And you always go for the stuff in the front. A true-“