Best friends in danger: Part 13

It was near midnight and Tony sat at his desk and stared at Kate's desk. ”You miss her?” McGee asked. ”Believe it or not, but yes I really do. I miss her annoying chatter.” Tony said longingly. Gibbs came out from the elevator and said ”go home, both of you! It's late, get some sleep. We won't find them tonight and sitting here and staring at her desk, isn't going to give you a lead.” They slowly got their stuff and walked out together.

”Are you still awake?” Whisper Kate. ”Yes, I am. It's too cold to sleep or it's just me?” Ziva replied. ”No, it's very cold.” ”I think we are in a basement for otherwise it wouldn't be this cold.” ”Probably, wonder if we even is in DC.” Kate replied. ”Come and sit, we can share on the blanket. You don't need sit on the floor.” Ziva said with a smile. Kate went and sat on the bed next to Ziva under the blanket, ”thank you” Kate says. ”I'm sorry, I should never asked what happened in there,” said Ziva gently. ”No, don't be. I would probably have done the same.” Kate pauses for a moment, ”he tied me to a chair, started hitting me” she stammers. ”then he....”Her eyes are filled with tears agin. ”It's okay Kate, you don't need to” Ziva says softly with a smile and pulls Kate to her. It's quiet for some minutes. ”Thanks Ziva,” Kate says. ”Anytime. You were brave, I wouldn't have had the courage to tell” she replied with a smile. Kate put her head on Ziva's shoulder and says, ”You know, it's only few people I can talk to about everything. Only Rachel, my sister that I have been able to talk to about everything.” Ziva got a special feeling inside, to be needed and appreciated. A feeling that she has not felt in a long time. Before she knew, was Kate already sleeping on her shoulder. ”Thank you” whisper Ziva as quiet she could.