[Chapter 5] The Girls are Back

Author's Note: Sorry guys, another not-exciting chapter =/ The next one will be one though, I promise...and hope =P Enjoy! -rac06h10ael

-Rachael's POV-

The bus stopped in front of our house and we all got off. It was around six in the evening, and the sky was a rich blue color. The only light came from the houses, the street lights, and the white snow on the ground. It was at least a foot tall here and the streets were covered in slush. I looked down and saw I was only wearing my flats. Great, I'm going to fall on my butt in front of Anthony...

And I was right. About halfway to the driveway (my parents lived on a main street and their driveway was on a street that came off of it), I fell flat on my butt. Everyone laughed, even me. Anthony helped me up and held onto me so I wouldn't fall again.

We finally got to the driveway and I pulled away from Anthony, "Okay, guys, let Nat and me go talk to them first and then you guys can come, okay?" I said. All of them nodded their heads. Nat and I passed our luggage onto Ian and Anthony and made our way to the side door. I knocked three times and waited in the cold, freezing my ass off. None of us had winter coats, we lived in California, it never gets that cold. All of us only had sweatshirts to cover ourselves with.

The door swung open and my mom beamed with joy, "Oh my god! Rob! The girls are back!" She stepped forward and gave us a huge hug. We hugged her back. My dad came up behind my mom and joined in on the embrace.

"Why are you only wearing jeans and a sweatshirt?" My dad asked, noting our poor clothing choice, "And where are your boots!?!" I rolled my eyes, he was always nagging on me for not wearing proper attire.

"Actually, we were hoping we could stay here for a few nights," Natalie explained.

"Of course! You know you're always welcome!" My mom exclaimed, still excited seeing us.

"There's one thing though..." I stated, me and Nat both taking a few steps back, "There's eleven others who need a place to stay too."

My parents rushed outside, their eyes widening seeing the YouTubers standing in our driveway.

"I don't think we have enough room, Rach!" My dad retorted under his breath while forcing a smile.

"Please? We won't be a bother," I begged, "They're all really nice people, and I promise we'll clean up after ourselves."

"How long will you all be staying?" My mother inquired.

"Only until we can find apartments here to live in," Nat answered.

"So you're not just visiting? You're moving back here? For good?"

I sighed. It was so cold, I could see my breath disintegrate as it escaped my mouth, "Well, not really. It's more or so a temporary move."

"Please, mom?" Natalie begged.

Our parents talked amongst themselves shortly and turned back to us, "Okay," My mom stated, "You guys can stay here. But only until you find a place!"

All of the YouTubers rejoiced and fled into the house for warmth. My mom and dad stumbled back as the crowd hustled inside.

We stood outside with our parents for a little. My mom broke the silence, giving me and Nat another hug and saying, "I'm just so glad to see you guys again!"

We all went in and saw that the YouTubers had all taken off their wet shoes and sweatshirts and were standing by the stove in the big room, which my dad used when it got cold out. They were all shivering and chattering their teeth.

"So, does everyone like spaghetti?" My mom inquired. All of them nodded their heads and went back to warming up.

My dad tapped me on the shoulder, "Who are these people again?" He whispered to me.

"They're all my friends."

He raised his eyebrow, "They all look so much...older than you though!"

I rolled my eyes and looked down to see my mom's new dog, Rachnat, wagging its tail at my feet. I bent down and started to pet it, Natalie did too.

*****

My mom took out all the plates they had, and I think we just had enough. She began to serve the dinner while we were in line, as if it were a soup kitchen. When Natalie walked up, my mom gave her her special baby plate she used to use all the time when we were younger. I giggled as she walked away, and in response, she gave me one of her signature death glares.

There was barely enough room for all of us to sit down and eat. Luckily, we had two dining tables - one rectangular in the dining room and one circular in the kitchen. Anthony, Ian, Natalie, Lisa, Shane, Shane's mom, and I were all gathered around the table in the kitchen. The Smosh Games crew, Toby, and Joey sat at the dining room table. And that left my mom and dad to stand in the kitchen and eat.

Chatter filled the house, and I could tell my parents were starting to miss the peace and quiet that used to reside without us there.

"So, this is where you used to live?" Anthony asked me.

I nodded my head, "Yeah."

"It's nice," He smiled and went back to eating.

I looked over at my parents and honed in on their conversation; I really wasn't hungry and the conversation Lisa and Shane were having with Ian and Natalie wasn't of my interest.

"I can't believe you just allowed everyone to come in here," My dad remarked, a bit of anger resided in his tone.

"Oh, come on, Rob. They're just their friends! And it's only temporary," She gasped, covering her mouth with a napkin, "What about Christmas? It's in three days and we don't have presents for Rachael, Natalie, or anyone else!"

"They don't need presents," My dad grimly retorted.

She sighed, "I'll go out tomorrow. Get them each something little."

Dad rolled his eyes, "Whatever, Marc (short for Marcy). You know what's weird? I swear I know those guys sitting next to Nat and Rach," He changed the conversation.

"Yeah, me too."

He lit up, "Aren't those the stupid, gay guys they liked when they were younger?"

My mom nodded her head in agreement, "Yeah! I remember! It's Ian Padilla and Anthony Hecox! Or is it Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla...?"

I giggled to myself and returned my attention to the table.

"...so then, Corny ran away and we had to clean up the whole house!" Shane finished his story.

"Wow..." Ian commented with a mouth full of pasta, "That's just...wow."

*****

It took us at least an hour to get everyone settled down for the night. Luckily, my parents hadn't totally changed the house since we left. The thing they did change though was that instead of me and Nat having separate rooms, they put our two beds into one room, my old bedroom.

It turned out that Anthony and I slept on my twin bed (which wasn't very comfortable), Natalie and Ian on her twin bed, Shane and Lisa \on the queen sized air mattress my dad blew up in the office/work out room (which used to be Nat's room), Shane's mom on the floor of the office/work out room in a sleeping bag, the Smosh Games crew in sleeping bags in the spare room on the floor, and Joey and Toby on the couches in the living room.