[Chapter 16] What The Hell Is Wrong With You

-Lisa's POV-

Even though Shane finally came to his senses back in New York, I was still upset with him. Whatever he did back there made me realize that he only cared about himself and me. Now, I'm glad that he wanted to save me and all, but...it was just...rude. Like I said before, all of us are a team. No, we're more than a team. We're a family. And no one should get left behind.

As we walked up to our apartment door, "Hey, Lisa, do you mind opening this door for me?" Shane asked as he lifted up the bags he was carrying to emphasize he needed help.

I did as he asked, but I didn't say a word to him. He set, or should I say dropped, the bags down on the floor and stretched his arms up in the air, "It's so good to be back. No more freezing winter days. Only sunshine and coolness. Right, Lisa?" He spun around to look at me. I just crossed my arms over my chest and stared at him blankly.

He scoffed, "Come on, Lisa! I came back for you guys! Isn't that enough?" Still no response from me. He rolled his eyes, "Why are you still not talking to me? It's been days since I did that! Why can't you just forgive me?"

I shrugged.

He heaved a sigh, "You know what? Fine. Be that way. I'm sorry I was trying to be a good husband and protect my wife from being killed," He turned around and stomped into our bedroom, slamming the door behind him.

I dropped my arms to my sides and whimpered. I felt terrible for giving him the silent treatment. He really didn't do anything wrong...

"Shane! Wait!" I screamed as I ran up to the door and turned the doorknob.

-Anthony's POV-

I slowly stood up so I was eye level with her, "Kill her?" I croaked.

Natalie crossed her arms, "Yeah, I mean, she killed Rachael and Ian. She deserves to die and go straight to hell."

I mirrored her, "I guess..." I sheepishly agreed.

Her eyes widened, "Please don't tell me you still have feelings for her..." I blushed in embarrassment, "Anthony!" She shrieked, "She kidnapped you and put you in a basement with no food and no water for weeks! And may I remind you that you were the one to give the ring back? And probably worst of all, she killed the mother of your unborn child and your best friend since sixth grade. After all of that, you still want to tell me you like here!?!"

I looked away from her and scratched behind my neck, "I don't know..."

She grunted in resentment, "You're unbelievable, Anthony! One minute you're all depressed about the death of my sister and your best friend, and the next you're admitting you still have feelings for that bitch? What the hell is wrong with you?"

"I don't know, Nat! I just don't think she deserves death!" I argued. Her jaw dropped in disbelief, "What?" I snapped back at her.

She shook her head in disapproval and put her hands on her hips, "Fine, Anthony. Don't be part of it. But I'm going to get everyone else in on the plan. Meanwhile, you stay here and really think hard about what you're saying. Okay?"

I nodded my head slightly.

She picked up the keys and nudged me on her way out. I stumbled back onto the couch, causing a picture to fall off of the wall and into my lap. It was a picture taken a long time ago with me and Kalel, when we got married in 2014, but stuck in the corner of the frame was a photograph of me and Rach. I took the smaller photograph in my hands and looked at it and the wedding picture for a long time. Gradually realizing that Nat was right. What the hell is wrong with me?