[Chapter 8] Don't Come

-Ian's POV-

The rest of us sat in the waiting room while Shane and Natalie were in the room with their parents. Luckily all three of them fit in one room, so the nurses and doctors and we didn't have to be running back and forth.

I looked over at Anthony and saw him tapping his foot and looking into the distance. I could tell that he wasn't really liking not going after Rachael.

"Anthony, she's coming back," I assured him half-heartedly. I don't know what the hell she's doing, where the hell she went, or if she's even coming back. But I can't tell Anthony that, I think he'd just explode.

He jerked his head toward me, "How are you so sure? Huh?" He rolled his eyes before letting me answer him and turned his head away from me. Why didn't he get that when a girl's pissed, she wants to be left alone? Especially Rachael (she's had a few episodes at the Smosh house and it was not pretty).

Just then, his phone went off. I glanced over and saw him open up a video message. And there on the screen was Rachael and Kalel. Kalel holding a knife to Rachael's throat and pulling her hair up. Rachael sat there looking up at Kalel, her eyes filled with hatred.

"I hate this is how I have to tell you that I'm back, Anthony, I really do. But we have some things to discuss, and if you don't come and find us quickly, well, I may just have to kill your younger, ugly, more stupid girlfriend."

"Hello?" An unknown voice emanated from somewhere behind the iPhone she was using, "Is anyone in there?"

"Shit..." Kalel remarked under her breath as she escaped from the view, followed by the slamming of a door. Rachael's head relaxed and turned to the right, just as Anthony dropped his phone and bolted for the stairs.

I still was watching the video though. I picked up his phone and saw that Rachael was now closer and looking into the camera, "Anthony?" Her voice was hushed, "If you're still listening, please don't come. It's not worth it. She wants to tell you that..." She stopped abruptly, looking over to the side, but she glanced back at the phone, "...just don't come! Okay? I'm not worth what she's going to ask of you. DO NOT COME!"

"Rachael? What are you doing?" Kalel's voice yelled, walking up to Rachael and slapping her in the face. Kalel's hand covered the phone and the video stopped.

I looked up from the phone and saw that Natalie and Shane were back.

"Where's Anthony and Rachael? We have good news to tell everyone," Natalie announced with a slight smile on her face.

"They went to go get something. They said to not wait for them, they may be a while," I answered her, standing up along with the rest of the group, "What is it?"

The room buzzed in excitement as everyone tried to figure out what the good news was. It turns out that Mr. and Mrs. E and Shane's mom were doing well, and once they wake up from the comas they're in, they should be good to go within a few days!

Hugs were exchanged, but I couldn't shake the feeling that Anthony's going to be in trouble. Real. Fucking. Trouble.

I walked over to the phone again and watched the message for the second time. All I knew was that it was in a hospital room; the window curtains and the bed in the shot were just like the ones in every hospital room. The only problem? There's hundreds of these hospital rooms. They could be in any one of them.

"Isn't that Anthony's phone?" Natalie inquired as she walked up to me and gave me a side hug.

"Uh, yeah. He asked me to hold it for him while he went to go get something," I lied. I really hated lying to Nat.

She looked up at me for a moment, probably trying to decipher if I was telling the truth or not. And I hope to god she doesn't find out, because I don't want her getting involved in this. Not right now. She's too weak, we all are. Even Anthony. God, I hope he isn't doing something stupid...

Author's Note: Sorry for the short chapter, the next one is going to be longer (or so I hope). Thanks for reading! -rac06h10ael