[Chapter 17] You're Next

-Natalie's POV-

I can't believe Anthony. "She doesn't deserve to die." Kiss my ass! More than anything, she deserves to die. Brutally. And if I had the chance, I'm positive I would kill her myself. I wonder who paid hers and Melanie's bail...because whoever it is must be a total idiot.

So...how many people are still standing? Well, there's me, Anthony, Shane, Lisa, Joey, Toby, Mari, Jovenshire, Sohinki, and Lasercorn. That's ten. Good, Kalel hasn't physically killed anybody yet.

As I drove up the road that is in front of Shane and Lisa's apartment complex, I got stuck in traffic. That's odd, there's almost always no traffic whenever I come here.

I popped my head out of the car window to see how many cars there were. It seemed to go for miles. People were actually getting out of their cars and walking in the direction of the start of the hold up. I got out too and started following them.

My eyes flickered everywhere - the orange and purple evening sky, the pavement below my feet, the person in front of me as they changed their pace from a casual walk to a mild jog, and even the occasional child left behind by their parents in the backseat.

As I got closer, my heartbeat got faster and faster, and my focus of my surroundings dissipated as I went into deep thought. What if this had something to do with Lisa and Shane? And if that's the case, I hope they're okay.

I was snapped back into reality when I accidentally bumped into someone.

They turned around and glared at me, "Hey, watch where you're going, bitch!" The man dressed in a business suit shouted at me.

"Sorry," I replied half-heartedly, "Gees..."

I tried to see what was going on for myself, but there was a crowd of adults hoarded behind (what I'm assuming is) a fence barrier and a police officer who was yelling at them.

There was a whistle blown followed by a police officer's orders, "Calm down, everyone! There is nothing to see here! Please go back to your vehicles and hopefully the roads will be cleared up soon!"

Scoffs and grunts filled the air as the group did as they were told and dispersed, except for me. I kept my distance, but I finally saw what happened.

People were being evacuated from the premises of the apartment building and loaded onto a local city bus. Yellow caution tape surrounded it. I tried to spot Shane and Lisa, but I wasn't successful. And then a few hundred feet down from the apartments, there was a car that crashed into a telephone pole. Paramedics were pulling the driver and passenger out of it and laying them on stretchers. I squinted my eyes in a pathetic attempt to see who they were, but it didn't help any.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" The police officer who sent everyone back to their cars asked me, "Please go back to your car."

"Wait," I retorted, "What happened?"

He sighed, "I really can't disclose that information with you, ma'am."

"Please? I was about to pick my friend up when I got stuck in traffic. She lives in that building," I lied, jerking my index finger at the building, "I don't see her and I want to know if she's alright."

"Name?" He inquired.

"Mine or hers?"

"Both," The policeman answered, pulling out a pad of paper and pencil out of his pockets.

"Can you just tell me what happened?"

The police officer rolled his eyes, "There was a double homicide in that building and the car behind us uncontrollably swerved off of the road and crashed into the pole. The two people in the vehicle were killed on impact. I think they said something about a cut brake line."

I cupped my hands over my mouth, "That's terrible!"

"Yes, now please go back to your car, ma'am," He demanded as he walked away.

I turned around and started to shakily make it back to my car, then I heard the worst possible news I could being exchanged between the paramedics. "Hey, here are the IDs I found in the car. Their names are...Mari Takahashi and Matthew Sohinki."

I suddenly stopped and turned around, "No!" I thought as I rushed up to the tape and held onto it tightly as tears streamed down my cheeks, "No!"

"And the ones from the building...did we find anything on them?"

The guy held out a notebook and examined it, "Well, from the other residents in the building, there names were Shane Dawson and Lisa Schwartz."

"NO!!!!!!"

-Kalel's POV-

I pulled into the Smosh house driveway as Anthony walked out of the house. He stopped when he saw me. I tightened my grip on the knife I held behind my back. "You can do this, Kalel," I thought to myself, "He left you for some other girl. The girl you so happened to hate. You can do this."

I stepped out of the car and made my way up the walkway till I was standing in front of him, "Hello, Anthony."

"Hi, Kalel," He remarked, cautiously eyeing me, "What's that behind your back?" He inquired.

I smirked, "Nothing. I just wanted to come and say sorry for the loss of your best friend."

"Why? You were the one who killed him. And I know you don't feel bad about it."

I laughed maniacally, "You're good, Anthony. Really good."

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" He shouted as he ran into the house again, slamming the door behind him.

-Quick Anthony's POV-

I rushed into the house and hesitated where to go and what to do. Well, first of all, I've got to protect myself. I'm not dying. Especially at the hands of Kalel. No fucking way am I going to let that happen. Then I remembered that I kept a gun in my side table drawer, you know, in case someone breaks into our house. I rushed into my bedroom and pulled the gun out, checking if it was loaded. Which it was. Thank god. I held the gun shakily in my hands and pointed it at the door, waiting for Kalel to come and find me. And, boy, was she in for a big surprise when she did.

-Kalel's POV-

I stuck the knife out in front of me as I kicked open the door, "You're next, Anthony! And there's no use in running because I've got you cornered!" I walked into the house, scoping the room to see where he escaped to.

"Come out come out wherever you are!" I chanted, making my way further into the house.

When I walked into the bedroom hallway, I could hear his quick breaths coming from his bedroom. That stupid little motherfucker. I kicked open his door and saw him standing in the center of his room, with a gun pointed at me.

"Stay the fuck away from me, Kalel. Or I'll shoot," He warned, his voice cracking at the end of his sentence.

I laughed, "You wouldn't have the guts to, Anthony. You're too..." And that's when he shot me in the foot. I shrieked and bent down as he jumped over me and ran out of the house. I scrunched my eyes in pain as I held my bleeding foot in my hands.