[Chapter 13] I Don't Care (Short Chapter)

-Shane's POV-

"I mean, it could be any of us! It could be Mari or Joey or even Toby!" I continued.

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?" Toby snapped back.

I glared at him briefly, then went onto looking at Lisa and saying, "I want to leave with Lisa. Go back to California."

"Shane!" Joey shrieked, "It wouldn't be worth it! Trust me!"

"I don't care!" I shouted, "Lisa means more to me than the entire world. And I don't want to just stand by and wait to killed here!"

"Shane..." Lisa remarked under her breath, making her way over to me.

"No," I told her, "You and I are leaving, Lisa."

"But what about everyone else? What about Natalie? And Anthony? We have to help them during the hard time they're going through!"

I snatched her wrist and dragged her out of the house. She fought with me and screamed in my ear, but I didn't care. I had a feeling that if I stayed here any longer, we'd be fucked. With no way out.

While we were walking towards the car that I was going to hot-wire so we could get out, Lisa ripped her arm out of my hold. "I'm not leaving, Shane!"

"I don't want you to get killed, Lisa!"

"I don't care. You're being a douchebag right now! Think about Natalie and Anthony! Think about how they must feel right now!" She paused, shrugging her shoulders, "What if I died? Huh? How would you feel if any one of those people in that house were to just to...I don't know, leave because they wanted to save themselves from Kalel and Melanie? Just like you are right now. We're a team, Shane, whether you like it or not. And if you want to leave, that's fine with me, but I'm not tagging along." And with that harsh (but true) statement, she spun around and walked back inside.

I hesitated going back at first, but once I thought about what Lisa said, I realized she was right. I was being a total douchebag, especially to Anthony and Natalie. I rushed back inside and saw everyone had dispersed out of the big room and was cleaning up the kitchen.

I looked to my right and saw Natalie sitting in front of Ian, caressing his pale cheek and whispering, "I'm going to get back at them, Ian. For you. And Rachael."

I took a step forward and the floor creaked. She glanced back at me. Her cheeks glistened from the fallen tears and her lips were in the shape of a frown.

I had to avert my eyes away; seeing her cry made me want to cry. I walked into the kitchen and was approached by Joey.

He poked me in the chest. "I'm glad you came to your senses," He told me in a serious tone.