[Chapter 22] All I Could Do Was Cry

-Natalie's POV-

After the whole park thing, I literally had no where to go. I'm definitely not going back in that house and I have no one's house to crash the night at. Abby told me that I could come with her and live in Britain; she was leaving tonight. She only came because she saw what happened on the news. I kindly declined her offer, I had other plans. I wanted to go back home, to New York, to be with my parents. They were all I had left.

So, for the meantime, I had to stay in some crappy motel with the fifty dollars I had in my pocket. And the gun, which I just slipped in my sweatshirt pocket.

After two days of just sitting around, crying, and mourning, I finally returned to the house to get my things and move. The front door had been replaced by a piece of wood with a note of condemnation. I walked in through the sliding doors near the couches and closed it behind me.

I walked into the hallway and saw Anthony and Rachael's bedroom was blocked off with caution tape. I didn't even think twice about not going in there. Seeing Anthony's body with the pile of blood underneath him flashed before me. I closed my eyes in fear and opened them to see the hall.

I rushed into my room only to cry even more. I yanked the clothes off of the hangers and shoveled them out of my drawers only to throw them into a large luggage bag.

The next thing to deal with was all of the pictures I wanted to take with me. I picked up each picture individually, and a memory for each one was brought into my mind. There were ones with me, Rach, Anthony, and Ian, and there were others with just me and Rach with other YouTubers. I placed each frame carefully into a medium sized luggage bag.

I grabbed my two bags and rolled them out of the door. As I shoved them into the trunk of my car with the broken windshield. I slammed the trunk down and the glass shattered. I rolled my eyes and got in my car, wiping the glass shards off of my seat and dashboard.

I hopped in and looked at the house I had so many memories in one last time. As I started the car, I remembered I'd forgotten something. Something really important.

I rushed into the house again and found the family portrait of the four of us sitting on the couch still. I picked it up and smiled, despite the sadness that was filling up inside of me. I held the picture close to my chest as I stepped back out of the house. I placed the frame in the back and got back into the driver's seat.

I reversed out of the driveway and was on my way to the airport. As I passed Shane and Lisa's apartment building, I pictured the the pile of cars, the flood of people, the caution tape, and the car crash. I snapped back into reality and tightened my grip on the steering wheel.

Then it was Toby's house that I passed next, and his suffocating body dangling from the ceiling. I shivered in fright of the vivid image.

I did the whole routine at the airport and boarded the plane, only to remember what went down between Kalel and me in the stewardess's quarters.

I got in my seat, which was luckily by the window, and looked out. This was the last time I was going to see Sacramento. Forever.

I closed my eyes and got settled in for the long trip ahead of me.

*****

My parents were here to pick me up at the airport. I literally dropped my luggage and ran into their arms. I wept into their shoulders as they tried to comfort me to the best of their abilities.

I sat in the backseat of their new car that didn't have the message "Found You" etched into the windshield. I watched as we passed house after house that I vaguely remembered. As we pulled into the driveway, all I could think about was being told my sister was dead and the arrow shattering the window and lodging into Ian's chest. I covered my face and began to sob. All I could do was cry lately, and it pissed me off. I'm not usually an emotional person.