[Chapter 19] Now or Never

-Kalel's POV-

I limped off of the bus and looked down the street, where Joey was. He lived with Sawyer, I hope to god he wasn't there. Because that'd just mean another person I'd have to kill. I didn't know how I was going to take Joey or Sawyer down, I had no weapon. Natalie took it. And I'm not killing him with my bare hands. No way is that going to happen. Maybe I could get something from his kitchen...

I pulled all my strength together and made my way to their house, which was seven down from the corner where the bus stop was. I was in so much pain, I didn't know if I could do it.

I crashed on the shaded side of the house with the patio. I plopped down on the steps and screamed into my sleeve. I hurt so bad. I sat there for a little, remembering what Anthony had told me. He didn't want me dead. Even after I killed his pregnant girlfriend and best friend since sixth grade. But then I remembered he said no to my requests, which I didn't think were too much. I mean, just forget that hectic life he was living and be with me! How hard is that?

After sitting for a while, I decided it was now or never. I pulled down a tank top that had been slung over the side of the rail and ripped it up, tying the smaller strips of cloth over my wound. I stood up and turned around, walking up to their front door. I gripped the doorknob and turned it slowly as to not make any sound, and just with my luck, they had it unlocked. I slipped in and quietly shut the door behind me.

I immediately started searching for something to use to kill, and the only things I found in their foyer were shoes, jackets, and...a caddy full of golf clubs? When did Joey or Sawyer ever play golf?

I made sure no one had noticed me and I grabbed for a Driver. I gripped it in my hands and gulped, I seriously was going to use a golf club to kill Joey?

Just then, I heard a girly shriek. I looked up and saw Sawyer staring at me in fright. He had a bowl of popcorn in his hands.

I knew he was going to attract Joey's or the neighbor's attention so I bolted for him with the Driver in hand. I swung as hard as I could and Sawyer crippled to the floor, beginning to whimper. I just kept swinging and hitting until finally his whimpering stopped.

I was almost out of breath by the time I had clobbered Sawyer to death. Literally. Blood soaked his shirt and was starting to create a puddle beneath him on the hard wood floors. I don't know why, but I suddenly got a rush and wanted to get Joey now. I stepped over Sawyer's dead body and walked into the kitchen, starting to search for Joey.

"Sawyer?" I heard Joey's familiar voice come from somewhere in the house.

I immediately froze, trying to decipher where he was. He sounded far away, but close.

"Sawyer? Was that you?"

I was breathing as quietly as I could. Adrenaline was pumping through my veins. My heart was beating a thousand beats per minute.

I heard him walk back somewhere upstairs. And that's when I made my way up the stairs. I stepped as noiselessly as I could and finally made my way into the bedroom hallway. I could hear Joey talking to himself, probably recording another one of his stupid gaming videos.

I walked into the office and tightened my hold on the grip as I stepped into the office. The floor creaked and Joey spun around in his office chair. He immediately stood up and started backing away into the corner, "Please...Kalel...we're friends..." He pleaded.

"I don't have friends anymore. You all turned your backs on me and Melanie," I remarked coldly, inching closer and closer to him, "So, no, we are not friends, Joey."

He put his hands outward, "You have no reason to kill me! We used to be roommates! And best friends! We did challenges together!"

"That was the past," I stated, "This is the present. So stop trying to change my mind."

I could see his Adam's apple move up and down as he gulped, "Let me guess...you killed Sawyer too..."

"He got in the way," I said shamelessly.

He whimpered, "Oh my god, you've really turned into a monster, Kalel." Those were his last words before I killed him too. I stood over his dead body and looked at him, shocked by what I just did. He was my best friend. I dropped the golf club to the floor and ran out of the house before I could get caught.

Before running out, I searched through the drawers in the office, looking for something. Preferably a gun. After pulling out all of the drawers, I finally came across a pistol. I picked it up and slid it into the strap I had around my thigh. I lowered my pant leg and was off.

I made my way out of the house and got as far away as I could. My foot still hurt, but I got pretty far. I stopped at a coffee shop and got a drink. I needed to rest for a little. I pulled out the list and crossed off Joey's name and added Sawyer's, only to be crossed out again.

I took a sip of my steaming coffee and looked at the list. Who was going to be next?

-Natalie's POV-

Anthony showed me the gun he used to shoot Kalel in the foot.

"Where did you get that from?" I asked, taking it out of his possession and into mine. I started examining it, I never had seen it in my life before.

"I had it in case someone tried to break in. You know, shoot them if they try to hurt any of you or steal something important to us," He answered vaguely.

"We all must've meant a lot to you," I stated compassionately.

"They did. And you still mean a lot to me too. I can't lose you, Nat. You're like...the last I have. I love you like a sister," He admitted, blushing, "And I seriously don't know what I would do if you died too."

I grinned, "You too, Anthony. And that's why we need to stay together and take Kalel down. Before she gets the chance to kill us."

He looked at the ground, "...Do we have to kill her?"

I rolled my eyes, "Yes, Anthony! The Kalel you claim to still be in love with is no longer here! She's long long long long long long LONG gone!" By the end of my statement, I realized I was shaking him. He had a scared look on his face.

I stepped back, "I'm going to get the people remaining in on the plan."

"What plan? I thought it was just going to be me and you!" He retorted.

I smacked my forehead, "No, Anthony. We've got to save the others too. There's only four people left besides us. Joey, Toby, Lasercorn, and Jovenshire. We have to find them before Kalel takes any more of their lives," I handed him back the gun, "You might want to keep this with you. In case we come and see her."

"What!?! I'm going to have to kill her!?!" He replied, surprised.

I rolled my eyes and walked out of the room.

"Natalie!" He cried, "Wait!"