[Chapter 11] Starting to Feel Sorry

-Kalel's POV-

As I walked through the halls, I had plenty of time to think about what I just did. I just murdered my ex-husband's new girlfriend (who so happened to be my enemy)...and I have to say, I don't feel the slightest bit of regret. Sure, she made me people laugh and stuff, but we all do. So what's the big deal if one of us is gone? There's others to go to...

As I passed one of the hospital rooms, I stopped. There was this young little girl in the bed, and she reminded me of me when I was younger. She was asleep. I looked down and realized I needed to dispose of the murder weapon. I walked in and put the bloody knife in the little used needles box on the wall.

"Are you an angel?" I jumped at her softly asked question. I spun around and saw she was now sitting up against the pillow.

I approached the bed cautiously and sat down beside her, "No. I'm not. What's your name?"
"My name's Kristen," She smiled slightly, "And yours?"

"Uh...I'm Kristen too. Why are you here?"

"NURSES! DOCTORS! WE HAVE TO FIND...RACHAEL E.! SHE'S SUPPOSEDLY DEAD SOMEWHERE IN THIS BUILDING! AND THE MURDERER IS SOMEWHERE IN THE BUILDING! HER NAME IS...IS...KALEL CULLEN! LOCK THE DOORS! LOCK THE DOORS! GO GO GO!" I heard someone call down the hall, followed by fast paced footsteps. I stood up immediately.

"Where are you going?" The little girl inquired, pulling the blankets over her mouth, "I thought you were going to stay with me."

I stared at her, my jaw dropped in awe. This girl was so sweet, but I can't stay here. I'll get caught and put back in jail. I bolted out of the room after the doctors fled by and out to the parking garage, after messing with the locks system on the doors. There, Melanie was waiting for me in a parking spot with all of her lights on. I hopped in and buckled my seat belt quickly.

"You got Rachael to break up with Anthony?" Melanie inquired, starting up the vehicle.

I gulped, "Well they're sure not dating anymore..."

She glanced over at me with a raised eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

I refused to make eye contact with her, "I killed her."

"You what?" She yelled at me, slamming on the brakes, jerking both me and her forward, "You killed her?"

"It kind of just...happened."

"YOU KILLED HER!?!" She reiterated, louder than the first time, "You were only supposed to get her to leave Anthony so he would be upset. Not kill her! Kalel!"

"Look, I knew she wouldn't just say yes if I asked her to up and leave him, and she wouldn't believe if I told her Anthony was cheating on her. So I went with Plan C."

"Plan C? You had a Plan C!?!" I shrugged my shoulders, "And that was to kill her!?!""Look, my emotions got the best of me!"

"What emotions? Because I haven't seen any emotions from you in a while. Not happiness. Not love. Not anger. Nothing."

"We've been in jail," I reminded her harshly, "What emotions am I to have when I'm locked up in a small, wooden-plank-for-a-bed and open toilet room?"

She glared at me, "You're the one who told me to put my feelings aside. Now take your own god damn advice!"

"Well my feelings got in the way, didn't they?" I replied sarcastically.

"You are so cold, Kalel. I mean, you killed her! You..."

"YES! I KNOW!" I yelled back, getting annoyed with her reminding me, "YOU'VE TOLD ME PLENTY OF TIMES! AND I DON'T FEEL ANY DIFFERENT THAN I DO THE FIRST TIME YOU TOLD ME!"