[Chapter 18] I Hate You

-Anthony's POV-

After rushing out of my room, I immediately bee-lined for the front door. I ran up to my car and hopped into the driver's side. I jammed the keys into the ignition and turned right, but the engine only rattled and didn't start. "No, no no no no no NO!" I shouted, continuing to try to get the car started.

I looked behind me to see if Kalel had made her way out of the house yet, and to my dismay, she did. She was holding onto the front door's threshold and struggling to make her way outside.

"Oh, screw it!" I shouted, throwing the keys on the passenger seat and getting out of the car. I slammed my door shut and Kalel's head jerked up.

Anger was written all over her face when she screamed, "I fucking hate you, Anthony Padilla! I can't believe I married such a coward! Shoot my foot! If you really wanted me dead, you would've shot me in the heart."

"That's why I did it, Kalel! I don't want you dead!" I remarked, "Even though I called it off, I never stopped liking you." I saw Kalel looking at me skeptically, "What happened to us? We used to be so...so happy. Now look at us. We're on the verge of killing each other."

And that's when I saw the real Kalel, the one I fell in love with years ago and put a ring on her finger, return. I saw it in her eyes. She shook her head, "I'm scared, Anthony. I don't know what I'm doing anymore. It's gotten out control."

I smiled slightly, "That's why you've got to stop this, Kalel. It's not like you. And you've killed people who mean a lot to a bunch of people."

She frowned, but didn't say anything.

"Why'd you try to kill me?" I asked softly, "I thought we were on good-ish terms."

And with that statment, the psychopath was back. She laughed evilly, "Good-ish terms? We were never on good-ish terms after you threw that ring at me. You dated and were going to have a kid with my enemy. MY ENEMY. She was ten fucking years younger than you. And you think we're on 'good-ish' terms?"

Just then, I heard screeching brakes behind me. I turned around and saw Natalie, her eyes were wide open when she saw Kalel. I looked back and saw Kalel retracting her arm back to throw her knife. I ducked and heard the shattering of glass and high-pitched screaming.

I stood back up and saw that Natalie's windshield was still in tact, but the glass was broken into a million pieces. Natalie had gotten out of her car and pulled the knife out of the windshield. She looked at Kalel and started to charge for her, knife in hand. I stuck my arm out and held Nat back to the best of my abilities.

"YOU BITCH!!!" Natalie cried, "YOU KILLED SHANE, LISA, MARI, AND SOHINKI! ALL IN ONE FUCKING DAY!!!" She shrieked, "I FUCKING HATE YOU! SO FUCKING MUCH!" Just then, Natalie fell to the ground and began to sob.

I looked at her in shock; did she just say that Shane, Lisa, Mari, and Sohinki were dead? I looked up and saw Kalel. She was on her feet now and slowly making her escape. I just watched as she walked away, keeping eye contact with me the entire way.

After she was gone, I bent down to see if Natalie was any better. The crying had stopped, but she was still shaking slightly.

"They're gone, Anthony. They're all gone," She murmured.

I slipped the knife out of her hands and set it on the ground, "Natalie, you've got to believe me that some of the old Kalel is still there...the one before the whole kidnapping and murdering thing. I honestly think that if I can talk to her about her and me, she'll be weak enough to where we can get her arrested and..."

"No, Anthony," She snapped back, "She's not just going to be arrested. I want her dead. She's killed eight people. Eight people. And you think she just deserves to be arrested?"

I rolled my eyes, "I don't like her like I did before, but she's still someone I care about and..."

"You don't get it," She remarked, standing up and wiping the wetness from under her eyes, "She's killed Rachael and Ian, people important to both you and me. And now she's killed four other people. Our friends. And you still think she doesn't deserve death?" I tried to say something, but she kept on going, "Rachael was going to have your kid, Anthony. Your kid. That's all you wanted, right? And Kalel ruined that. When's it going to get through your head that the Kalel you used to know is gone. Forever. She hates you now, just like she hates the rest of us. She wants us dead Anthony. Dead. The old Kalel is gone!"

"But I saw her today! When I told her I didn't want her dead!"

She smacked her forehead, "You still don't get it, Anthony! And honestly, I don't think you ever will. We need to stop her. Before anymore people get killed."

"But remember the note that was on the arrow? Two down, eight to go! She's probably not going to stop till she get's that! And I'm sure killing that announcer dude wasn't part of the eight..."

"Or Melanie..."

"Melanie's dead!?!" I shrieked.

Her eyes widened, "I didn't tell you, did I?"

"No, you did not tell me Melanie's dead!" Natalie looked at me sympathetically, "But I just saw her at the hospital a couple of weeks ago!"

"Yeah...uh...Kalel killed her after that," She scratched behind her head, "I guess Melanie wanted to get Ian to love her again and come to our side. So..."

"KALEL KILLED MELANIE!?!"

She rolled her eyes, "Yes."

"Oh my fucking god! Kalel's gone completely insane!"

"You're just realizing that?" She inquired.

I cupped my hand over my mouth, "She's seriously gone insane."

"That's what I've been trying to tell you!" She yelled at me.

-Kalel's POV-

I limped to the closest place I could find somewhere to sit. I found a bench near a bus stop and plopped down, propping my leg with the shot foot on the bench. I pulled a small list out of my pocket. On the page were the names of the people who I was planning on getting my revenge on. The only names crossed off were Ian and Rachael, and Melanie's had been added and crossed off. I pulled out my pen and crossed off the ones I killed today.

As I crossed Mari's name off, I felt kind of bad. She paid me and Melanie's bail, and little did she know that we were only using her. In jail, we told her how terrible it was and how much we wanted to say sorry to everyone. We played her like a doll. And she was more than cooperative. And...I killed her... I was honestly planning on her being one of the two, but she was hanging out with Sohinki at the time and...yeah.

After wiping the single tear that fell from my eye, I looked at Anthony's name, where my tear drop landed. Mixed feelings flooded over me. I hated him, but I loved him. Why did he have to shoot me in the foot and not in the heart?

I pushed those feelings aside and got back to business. I circled his name heavily, along with Natalie's. Those were the people I'd have to worry about. Because they know I'm coming for them...well, all of them do, but they know I'm going to be getting them next... WAIT. No, they're the ones I'm going to kill last, let them beg for me to save them, and then I'll kill them. Yeah. That's good.

Now the next one... I scanned the list and then one name popped out to me. Joey. Joey Graceffa. My old roommate and best friend. The one I killed his other best friend in front of. I smirked in delight as the bus arrived. I pulled my hood over my head so my face was covered and I got on the bus.

I sat down in the seat all the way in the back and waited to be dropped off to my next calling. See you soon, Joey.