[Chapter 6] Found You

-Shane's POV-

Rachael and Natalie decided to take us to the local mall to go shopping for some more appropriate clothing for the coldness. In addition, my mom and their parents went out for some reason too. I don't know why though, all they said in the note they left us was that they were going out. So, the only car that was left for us was the five-seater Subaru, which we all couldn't fit in. We ended up taking the bus.

All of us split up and were told to meet back at the Starbucks in the center of the mall.

We all took about three hours to get all of the clothes we needed. I'm pretty sure all of us bought winter coats and boots, because as soon as we met up we changed into them and were on our way back to the house.

When we got back, my mom and their parents were still not home, so we decided to just chill out. The SmoshGames crew went to play the Wii. They didn't really have any new games, so they ended up playing Mariokart. Joey, Toby, Rachael, Anthony, Ian, and Natalie were all playing pool with Rachael and Anthony as a team and Natalie and Ian as another. Lisa and I were making something for them all to eat.

"Shane?" Lisa asked me, pushing the ground beef around in the pan fo the tacos we were making.

"Yeah?"

"Don't you just feel like this is all a little too drastic? I mean...we literally left everything back in California. And it's all because Kalel and Melanie supposedly got out of jail!"

I glanced over at her, "Are you saying that Rachael and Natalie and Smosh lied to us?"

She shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know...I...it's just...never mind."

"Lisa...why would they lie about something like that?" I questioned. She didn't respond to me, just turned the flame off and called everyone to get their meal.

All throughout dinner, I couldn't shake the feeling that Lisa's keeping something from me. Why would she think that the whole Kalel and Melanie being released was a scam? It couldn't be!

After our mid-afternoon lunch, we all went back to waiting for the parents to come back. We even left them some food that was leftover so they could eat. We put on the news and all gathered in the living room. Most of it was about the economy and wthe weather, until the screen suddenly changed.

"Breaking news," The news reporter said, "It appears that a vehicle has crashed on the highway coming back from the mall. It was a black Mitsubishi."

I saw Rachael sit up, suddenly interested.

"There were three adults in the car when it crashed. None of them have been identified yet, but they have been rushed to Strong Hospital, all severely injured. It also is assumed that this crash was no accident, at the scene of the crime is our correspondent, Hailey Winters," The screen went to the scene. Cars passed by as snow fell from the dark black sky.

"Good evening. Police are here trying to find out what may have been the cause for this tragedy, but no results have come. Except for this message etched into the windshield of the vehicle," The camera zoomed in on the car and scratched into the windshield that was stained with a dark crimson color was the words: Found You.

Rachael and Natalie both shrieked in terror.

"What?" Anthony asked Rachael.

She began to cry and shake uncontrollably, unable to answer his question. Everyone was looking at her, worried. Natalie was the same way, Ian trying to comfort her.

"Guys, you got to tell us. What is it?" Jovenshire inquired.

Natalie took a big breath in, "That...that's my parents' c-c-c-car."

The room went completely silent, besides the noise coming from the TV and Rachael and Natalie's gasps for air.

"A-a-a-and I think Melanie and K-k-k-k-kalel are here," Rachael added grimly.

"Shit," I said, standing up, "We got to go to the hospital. Now."

"Why?"

"Because. My mom's there. And so are Natalie and Rachael's parents. I'm not just going to sit in this fucking house and wait for those two bitches to come and find us. I don't care if they find us at the hospital. My mom needs me. And so do their parents. So let's go!"

"But we don't have a car! And the bus will take forever!" Mari retorted.

No one had anything to say. She was right.

"Here, how about we make rounds? Like, one person will drive back and forth, dropping off Shane, Rachael, and Natalie first and then everyone else." Ian suggested.

"Sure, whatever. I just need to see my mom," I told him. All of us got ready to leave and were on our way to the hospital.

Ian was dubbed the one to drive all of us since it was his idea. The car was silent as Rachael, Natalie, and I were on our way to the hospital. Once we got in, Ian left and we all walked in.

"Hi," I greeted, walking up to the reception desk, "Uh, do you happen to know where the people from the crash near the mall are?"

She looked up at me and was silent. Oh shit, that never means anything good.