Chapter ~ 9

We were walking back home now, home, it still felt weird to say it. My now home was one filled with Werewolves who would kill on instinct, but if I had Oliver nearby, I felt as if I had no need to be afraid.

Which was strangely odd...

I still had the question of who Thomas was, but knew in all good time I would find out.

It seemed my time with Oliver, know it be short, but it made me get to know and understand him more. Understand his kind more.
At one point he surprised me -even though everyday he would- by picking me up and mounting up onto the horse. Ardan rose his head up at sudden movement, and even shuffled away a bit, but got used to me sitting upon him.
My immediate reaction was to grasp onto something, that something being the horses mane. The bridle didn't seem reliable enough.

Ardan didn't rear up but he rose his head furiously to try and make me let go. Unfortunately for Ardan, I did the opposite. I held tighter in fright. I am a truly idiotic, human being.

Meanwhile, Oliver found enjoyment in this, a grin plastered on his face as he calmed Ardan down. The horse shook it head just a few more times but then relaxed, letting me take a breath of life once more.
I sighed, that was definitely a near life-death experience that I never wanted to go through again, luckily and unluckily for me. Oliver decided to jump on.

He sat behind me, slowly wrapping his arms around my waist to collect the reins. He did it slowly to purposely tease me, knowing I was always uncomfortable when he was quite close to me. Once he had hold of the reins, he lowered his chin down to my shoulder. His breath lightly tickling my ear. Way to close for my comfort.

"You ready?" He slowly and carefully whispered. Meanwhile I had no clue what he was going on about! I turned my head to question him, but by then it was to late. Ardan had jointed forward into canter, the rocking horse moment surprised me, this was the fastest I had ever travelled! It was unbelievable how this horse had such speed and only at its third gait.
My body automatically lent back, Oliver taking a hold of the reins with one arms to use the other to steady me, or it might've been just purely for his enjoyment.

At one point, while going so fast, Oliver decided it would desirable to not pay attention to where we were going, but to pay attention to me. Trailing his lips up and down my neck slowly, he not watch where we were heading. I was more frightened about that, then what was actually going on.

"O-Oliver, road!" I warned him, but was only rewarded with a grumble 'mmhn'. It was somewhat annoying how I had this effect on him, one where he would rather care about me then whatever else was going on.

I tried turning my head to different directions, but he would always find away to place gentle, even if you called call them, kisses, along my neck. And Lord was I to afraid to let go of Ardan's mane to shoo Oliver away.

It finally got to a point where we were just minutes away from the pack, and there was no way I wanted to ram in there with Oliver still licking up my neck.
I was papering to yell at him, taking a deep breath. But that all stopped when I saw one of Oliver's pack men approaching hurriedly, but in wolf form.

I still shouted though.

"Oliver! Wolf!!"

It was then that his eyes widened and he pull back on the reins -probably to hard- stopping Ardan in his tracks. Oliver being Oliver immediately wept out a terrifying growl, his arm tightening around my waist. Knowing him, he probably at first thought it was a rogue, but indeed fact it was a pack member. Maybe even Xavier or Connor?