Chapter ~ 10

I walked Ardan only a couple more steps, before we were now located outside the building that I had slept in last night. Ardan automatically stopped near the stone steps, from here on I was utterly clueless of how I could get off. I took my feet out of the stirrup things, my legs dangled freely from the saddle.

Now, time to get down.

I slowly lent foward, scarred that I would frighten Ardan. I eventually got to a point where I was utterly confused of what to do next, I even tried to look for help but as I knew where everyone else was, it was quite useless of me.
I then decided to 'dismount' like I had seen many of the men back home do, even if this way wasn't the way the ladies would do, I just wanted to get off.

I counted to three in my head before swinging my leg over. It seems that within that motion, I had swung a bit to far. And when I mean too far, I mean nearly hitting poor Ardan.

And to make matters worse, I fell to the snowy ground. Even with the cushioning of the snow, I still felt sore and stiff to stand up.
My red hood fell back, welcoming that cold breeze that slightly had a heavy atmosphere to it.
I shivered, forgetting my hood as I went and tried to find something to tie Ardan to. It was only moment latter that I found a small shelter, similar to Thomas's. It held A pig and a few small chickens, but there was gladly enough space for Ardan.

Once he was in, I struggled slight and got the - I believe it's called - bridle, off of him. He shook his head and open his mouth, feeling the reliving feeling of no metal bit.

And with that I returned back. I knew Andrew would be somewhere inside, probably worried of why he was locked away. I hurried towards our building, feeling responsible for Andrew now. Our father and mother were now deceased, he was all I had left, and as an older sister I wished to care for him.

After opening many doors and entering many rooms -getting lost- I finally made it to Andrew. He laid backwards on the bed, but jumped up when he heard the door open. I was told it was locked, but I had guessed that it was open...

Andrew's eyes widened upon noticing me, as well as beginning to tear up.

"Slyvia!" He cheered, jumping of the bed to hurry towards me.

"I was so scared! Connor and Elric were in here with me, but the both suddenly froze! They pushed me and I stumbled back and before I knew it they were gone, locking the door as well! Oh Sylvia what is going on?!" He huffed out, tears now falling from his eyes. Andrew was always an emotional child, whenever he slipped or fell he'd cry. This would probably be a reason of why Alfred abused Andrew a lot. Because Andrew had a heart.

"Shh, it's ok now Andrew...They should've fixed the problem by now." I reassured.
"Problem? What's going on out there Sylvia?!" His voiced raised slightly, not from anger but worry.
"Calm down, it was just Alfred...but he should be gone by now..." I let my mind then wonder back to the past, when we were younger and when Alfred was still merely a kid that bet us.

I couldn't blame Alfred for his anger issues, his family was difficult to deal with I would agree. His mother was my Aunty, a beautiful women with coloured hair of the crisp Autumn leaves. She married a handsome man, he was of wealth, but had a everlasting good heart. It was after Alfred was born, that their second son came along. Harold, his name was. Their mother died at birth due to complications, leaving them without a mother or wife. It was when they got a doctor to check on Harold, due to some mishaps that had accrued when starting to grow, that they realised Harold had his umbilical cord choke him. Overall making him what others would call a 'retard' or 'cursed'.