Chapter ~ 24

A little starting note beforehand -

Before you start reading, I would like to say something. To all those suffering from depression, anxiety or any other mental illness, I want you to know that you're loved and cherished and never to give up the fight. If any of my readers are facing challenges like these I want you to know that I care and that I'm happy you're alive and choosing to read my book <3 You are worth everything, don't let anyone or anything bring you down.

Also new cover aye! My photoshop skills be improving <3

Now, on with the story!  

~*~*~

My heart melted to the ground, found something true

And everyone's looking round thinking I'm going crazy

But I don't care what they say, I'm in love with you

They try to pull me away, but they don't know the truth

As Oliver carried me out of out of the village, there was a silence between us. It wasn't awkward or depressing, only comfortable. I was thrilled to be in his safe arms again and did not wish for anything to disturb us, not even my own voice.

I was physically and mentally drained from the events of the day. Witnessing Andrew's death was torturing and horrid enough to scar me for life. He was gone. My baby brother...gone. Meanwhile, I was to live, move on, grow up, yet Andrew couldn't. It wasn't fair.

I was beginning to understand Oliver's hatred for humankind.

I slowly peered over Oliver's shoulder, afraid yet curious to see if Connor had brought Andrew with him. To no surprise he did. Andrew hung lifelessly in his arms, every step causing Andrew's hanging arm to sway. Their skins contrasted against one another. One healthy and glowing, while the other colourless and cold. A clear sign that one was no more.

Once we had exited the village gates, I was welcomed by the whole pack in their wolf forms. They all perked up when they noticed us, joy sweeping across their wolfish faces. Were they relieved to see me?

It wasn't too long ago that a few wish I was dead. To see a mere human girl with their beloved Alpha originally infuriated them, yet here we were. Small wines echoed around me at the sight of my blackened feet, growls of anger and fury joining into the mix. They cared.

Throughout my oblivious staring, Oliver had begun a powerful speech.

"We have retrieved our Queen — although at a price..." He gazed down at my feet. "I want to thank each and every one of you all for helping me bring her back alive."