Chapter ~ 20

A/N: OMG we made it to the 20th chapter 😱 and I've also reached 1000+ followers 😍😍 I truly love you all.

I could feel the wind brushing past us each second we fell. It only lasted a short time yet it still gave a shock to the nervous system. I wasn't wearing my red hooded cape so air

As of expected, there was a sickening crack once Oliver had landed on safe ground. Werewolf or not, that jump - plus my additional weight - was far too high for any man.

The building behind us now crackled and burnt with a hot orange flame. Our home was no more as it slowly burnt to a grey ash.

Oliver had only gritted his teeth in pain at landing, yet he said no more as he ran out of the pack village and into the forrest. All surrounding buildings were now crumbling down, stone breaking once fallen, wood snapping under the heat and pressure. Destruction.

It was obvious that the pack had been evacuated but I still held that uncertainty and anxiety, when wondering if Andrew was safe.

Snapping back to reality I realised Oliver starting to limp. "Oliver stop, please! You're injured!"
He let out a gritted grin, amused by my worry. Yet didn't reply.

"Will hastily fetch Ardan-" I tensed, "Oh lord, Oliver we must return for the poor animal!"

He still didn't reply.

His main goal right now was to get us out of the burning village and protect me in case the Jester was still around. Yet did he not care for the precious horse he had gifted me? Ardan was mine and now considered apart of my family, our family...

"Oliv-"

"Ardan spooked once the fire had started, Elric was on lookout last night and is probably chasing him as we speak." He interjected. "Now listen closely, I'm going to shift and throw you up. You'll need to hold on tight once landed if we want to quickly distance ourselves from the danger."

I stilled at the seriousness from his voice, but I understood his want to protect me.

Oliver then suddenly me, throwing me up in the air, high enough to touch the snowy top of the pine trees. I didn't get time to scream or properly process what he had done, because next thing I know I'm falling at an incredible speed.

I wanted to scream, truly I did, but with the fear of the Jester being near I thought it would risk both of our safety. So I fell, having an extreme amount of trust in Oliver to catch me. Even though I didn't know why he threw me up in the first place...

Upon falling I landed hard on a soft, warm bed of fur. Well at least it wasn't the ground...
I instantly remembered Oliver's words and grabbed onto his gleaming fur. With his transformation we would escape from the danger quicker. Yet we're was the rest of the pack?

With his immense speed we soon exited the village, bright lights burning behind us. Our home destroyed.

~*~*~

It soon became daybreak by the time we throughly distance ourselves from the village, and hopefully the Jester as well.
Oliver had begun to slow down by first light, yet I knew it was due to tiredness rather then enough distance.