Chapter ~ 23

*Takes place from Chapter 21 where Slyvia gets taken*

Also, this may be slightly different to the previous chapter...

Beautiful Multicouple MEP with a song that fits this chapter so give it a listen while reading at the end ;)

Also picture of Sylvia on the side >

Oliver's POV

"I love you,"

Those 3 words had seemed to have had an effect on my Sylvia as she shakily exhaled with flushed cheeks. Cute.

If I was going to die here in a weakened state, slaughtered by some pathetic guard, I might as well confess my love to her. I might never see her again...

That thought killed me.

Suddenly, Sylvia got physical and started to thrash about on the horse, struggling against the guard that held her down by pressing on her soft back.

His filthy hands touching her made me want to growl and possibly rip out his throat for touching my mate, yet I was too weak to do anything other than hold my upper body up. The guard who stood behind me with his grip on my hair and sword to my throat seemed to be delighted at my pained expression. Yanking my head up even more to see my defenceless mate...

Sylvia wrestled with the man who pressed her against the horse, her strength weak yet her will strong. The animal below her grew alarmed and nervous, continually pacing back and forth. The man before her became furious, hastily and painfully tiring her feet together before switching to the other side to tie her hands. She hissed in pain and I immediately felt helpless and useless towards my own mate, the one I'm supposed to protect and cherish.

"Please, I beg of you! Just let him go!" She screeched, my heart painfully tearing at her sudden screams.

The soldier was getting overly frustrated with Sylvia's defiance by now, his actions becoming rough and aggressive. He turned towards the commander of the group, as if asking for permission for something rash.

Both Sylvia and I looked at each other confused and in pain, me physically and her emotionally.

It was from the corner of my eye that I saw it happen. My heart clenched in my chest painfully, the sight of my dear mate suffering hurt me more than my wound ever could. The man before her held up the end of his sword, anxiety sending jolts of lightning all around my body in fear.

The soldier gave her a sick smirk, taking pleasure in what he was about to do.

In a swift yet hard motion, the man had brought the end of his sword down. The blunt handle hitting my mate's temple, knocking her out instantly. My heart thumped against chest, the fear of losing her felt as if there was a hand clenching my heart.

If I lost her, I wouldn't know what to do... She was my life.

The soldier turned, triumphantly smiling, proud of how he knocked my mate out. Sick freak. With a final salute to the commander, he left. My mate strapped unconsciously to the back of the house like some hunted animal.

Oh, how I would love to bestow harm and punishment of these humans. The mere idea gave me chills...
A gave a smile of my own, a quiet yet deep chuckle creeping out of me.

He was going to die.

However, the man behind me who held a sword to my throat did not seem to enjoy my laughter.

"Shut your trap, bastard!" The sword dug deeper to my throat, a few trickles of blood coming out.

"We'll see about that," I growled.