Chapter 24: Werewhale

Charlie's grip on my arm seemed to loosen more and more the further we got away from the hot pools; the further we got away from Dustin.

When his claws fully receded beneath his skin and became short, nicely kept nails again, I tentatively took my arm out of his grasp as he came to a halt and threw himself on his bed and huffed, the furs dipping and engulfing his body.

''What was-'' I couldn't even finish my enquiry before he sat up on the edge of the bed.

''So where do we go first.'' He rubbed his forehead and eyes.

''Huh?''

''The tour gorgeous, the tour.'' His lips parted in a small smile, his hands coming to rest on his legs for comfort.

''Oh, well...uhm...'' I looked around his room trying to figure out how I would give a tour to someone when I barely knew my way around.

Charlie's smile grew and he raised an eyebrow teasingly, knowing I probably barely even knew where the bathroom was, which wasn't true ! I had made great friends with the bathroom believing there wasn't one and I'd have to go full traditional, use the leaf kind of thing, but no. Tatum had shown me that they had a fully functioning toilet, though don't ask me how a toilet works in a cave they must have done some serious work to get that thing some plumbing.

''Well, this is your room.'' I opened my arms as I said the words slowly.

Charlie burst out laughing banging his hand on the bed repeatedly, not even trying to control himself.

''I bet you don't even know where the bathroom is. Do they have a bathroom?'' He stopped laughing to think for a second.

''Yes I do! It's right down the hall.'' I pointed outside his door and smiled triumphantly.

''Good job, Pumpkin.'' He stood up almost towering over me and rubbed my head, cooing like you would to a new born pup.

It was my turn to huff and slump onto his bed. I think I preferred him better as a mouse.

I could see how his mouse mirrored him though. His hair was still the same grey, his eyes that dark black colour almost scary but somehow cute, and his body was nowhere near chubby he still looked toned but it couldn't hide the small amount of pudge he carried from my inability to control myself when looked at by him with his big doe eyes. He just looked soft, huggable.

He was probably close to how I looked body wise in all honesty, though Charlie could pack the food away. If I ate as much as he did I would probably look like a werewhale, not a werewolf.

''Stop looking at me like that or your mate will be worried.'' He plopped down beside me and ruffled my already sleep mussed hair.

''I wasn't looking at you like that.'' I rolled my eyes at his cheekiness.

He was definitely a flirty guy.

''Speaking of looks, why'd you look so disheartened earlier?'' Eyes full of concern captured mine and I couldn't help myself from spilling.

''Tatum and I were...'' I looked at him then looked away.

''Do go on.'' From the flirty eyebrow wiggle I got, he understood perfectly what we were doing.

''Anyway, he didn't... but I did.. and I just can't face him like this. He didn't even do much and I just...'' My mind was in overdrive.

I had never had any talks like this with anyone before. I didn't even know how to say the words let alone express them to my pet mouse who was now human but a shifter.

''So..'' He squinted his eyes a little to try to decipher my words. ''So, you were getting' freaky but before you could get freaky you came and then you guys stopped gettin' freaky?''

My eyebrows knotted at his choice of words and it was my turn to now decipher his sentence until I finally nodded my head and answered him.

''Yes, we were and he just stopped and said we should go take a bath but he clearly wanted to...get freaky.'' I mentally groaned at the word hoping this didn't become a habit.

''Oh god, Sweetheart please. Your poor virgin mouth should never say such words.'' He burst out laughing when I finished.

My cheeks flushed at how wrong he now was. I was no longer a virgin, my mate and I had already plucked that flower.

Charlie's gasp brought me out of the night's recount just in time too because if I spent even a second more thinking about it, I would get hard and I prayed to the Gods it would not send me into heat again.

''You didn't!'' His mouth was wide with shock.

''Is that bad?'' I was now unsure of my actions.

Was I supposed to wait a certain amount of time before completing our mating? But weren't you supposed to mate straight away? Tatum didn't even mate with me on the first night.

''No, no. I just didn't expect you to let an enforcer take you after everything that happened.'' He cringed and looked at me apologetically when he saw my face fall at his words.

''Tatum's not like that.''

''I'm sure he isn't.'' He rubbed my back. ''But I know what's going on in the bedroom if you catch my drift.''

I didn't know how much more of this talk I could take with Charlie. I wasn't so used to being open with people other than with aunt Petricia and we had definitely never been open about this before.

''Given your lack of experience we're going to have to use your innocent charms.'' Charlie grinned an almost scary grin as he pulled me up and looked me up and down.

''Innocent charms?'' I looked at him doubtfully but he just kept staring at me as he started circling me.

''You have to be sultry and flirty in all the ways you can. You have to walk so he wants you, talk so he wants you and push him down so he wants you and whether he wants you or not... right then you're going to take him into you anyway.'' He grabbed my shoulders and stared into my eyes so seriously that the man walking into the room shocked us both, bringing my red face to look at Alic who walked in with a cheeky smile.

''And I have the perfect outfit for you to wear.''

A/N

I miss all your comments so much. Sigh.