Chapter 10: Murderous Intent

I almost lost my balance as I hid behind the wall to avoid him seeing me as my hands rose to my mouth, to prevent bile from escaping or to hold in a cry of horror, I could not tell.

My eyes filled with tears of unknown purpose as I bolted back up the tunnel and painful memories filled my mind. My left hand fell to my stinging scars as I ran for the entrance of the cave and took off to an unknown destination. I just knew I had to leave there right that second.

As the afternoon sun soon turned to dusk, my body collapsed next to an old oak tree, my legs shaking from running so far so quickly and my body convulsing with bottled memories.

My head and heart were aching. Painful booms beat through my system as memory after memory after nightmare tranced me into its hold and held me there for its pleasure.

'Sleep' My wolf hushed and lulled me to sleep, the drenched clothes on my back like a heavy blanket freezing me to the core but I didn't care for my dreams were filled with a beast,  but this beast had a different face, the face of Tatum, the face of someone I had been coming to trust if only a little.

An angry, pleadingly mournful howl shuddered me from my sleep, my hackles rising when it was followed by more howls from the neighbouring packs. I knew the howl came from the mountains and it terrified me.

If a pack member went missing or ran away, it was usually the enforcer's job to track them down and find them if the Alpha, Beta or trackers didn't take it on personally. I could only hope it was anyone but Tatum at this point.

Warm puffs of air left my mouth in the frigid temperature urging me to move on but as I pushed myself off the ground my hand fell through to roots where it became trapped. As I pulled my arm continuously from the crevice, the howls became more frequent and frantic until a booming howl came from my uncle's territory signaling the presence of rogues.

My heart lurched at my uncle's howl, a mix between the helpless horror of being stuck by myself again with rogues surrounding, crowding in on the area that seemed all too familiar, and the crushing feeling of being trapped causing my breathing to become irregular, feeling my chest heave with painfully ragged breaths. 

Flashbacks of memories attacked me as growls of wolves approached from every angle, howls continuing to sound and tears seeping from my eyes as I felt the familiar effects of a panic attack approaching.

I only added to the debate of destroying Omegas, my stereotypical nervous wreck of a self, acting like an emotional lost pup; useless.  My palms were sweaty and being bitten into by my extending claws.

My body was so weak and I knew it but my body had begun to shake and I couldn't control my actions. I felt like a snake was coiling around my body, curling me up into a ball and squeezing every ounce of life out of me. 

Growls came from the bushes behind me and my head swung to notice three raggedy looking brown wolves emerging, twigs and leaves garnished on them like jewelry, their heads raising in surprise and their lips rising in wolfish laughter.

''An omega.'' The one on the left laughed.

''In Snow Ridge territory? I thought they didn't keep omegas.'' The one on the right glared at me.

 I wanted to run away but there was ice in my veins, my vision was blurred and the air was leaving a room I wasn't in where walls were closing in on me.  The walls were on fire, and everything was on fire and I was being suffocated and squashed beneath an imaginary smoke. But to me, it wasn't imaginary. To me, this was all very real. These walls, snakes, fire and smoke were as real as these three rogues.

''That's because he's from the East.'' The most muscular and biggest one growled and lunged at me, his body weight pressing down on me, his bright red eyes shining with murderous intent as he growled and went to clamp his jaws on my face.

Can I get some help off of you lovely people please? I need a character's name. A man's name but I dont want something too out there. He's going to be our infamous bad guy in this book.

Dont forget to comment, vote and follow me <3