Chapter 4: Hormones

''Jai? Sweetie, it's time to wake up.''

Brushing the fingers away from my face I groaned and rolled over away from the twittering voice in my ear.

''Jai come on you have to eat something.''

''I'm tired.''

''You look like an Eskimo in a cocoon right now and I slaved over the stove in the freezing morning air and you're going to pull the tired card?''

''Aunt Petricia I'm so cold please let me sleep.'' Burrowing deeper into the covers I moaned at the warmth engulfing me.

''There will be none of that!'' She whisper yelled as she ripped the blankets from me, a whimper leaving my throat at the blast of cold it left in its wake. ''Come on Jaidan you won't get any better if you don't eat and get some water in you. You look dehydrated.''

Curling in on my own body warmth I whined until Aunt Petricia had enough and started slowly jabbing my ribs over the large sweater I was wearing.

Grabbing my ribs and sitting up to get away from her I glared playfully and swatted her assault away. ''I'm up.''

''You're not up until you're out of bed.'' She sassed and walked towards the door waiting patiently for me to follow her.

''That doesn't even make sense.'' I grumbled and followed her out the door and towards the dining room where a large bowl of chicken noodle soup was waiting for me to take a seat and devour it, which I did in no time.

''Wow I don't think I've ever seen you eat so quickly.''

I turned in my seat, my feet perfectly folded under me to try and keep warm from the late Autumn air, to see my uncle looking perfectly happy at wearing a pair of blue jeans, combat boots and his white shirt. Wasn't he cold?

''It's freezing and the soup was warm.''

''It's not that cold pup.'' He laughed and made his way towards me.

''You're crazy.'' I grumbled as his fingers ruffled and messed my hair.

''Only a little bit.'' He grinned and walked away to no doubt find his mate and make kissy faces at her.

I blanched as I heard the unmistakable sound of kissing coming from the kitchen.

''Don't be jealous Jai. Your mate will come and you'll see how hard it is to keep away.'' Uncle Rick laughed as I ran away from the view of the kitchen and into the living room to huddle in the warmth of the fireplace in front of a comfy brown cushioned lounge.

The sound of the front door opening caught my attention from the dancing flames for a split second before a soft whimper left my throat at the sight of the large man making his way towards me.

''Jaiden.'' He nodded his buzz cut head, his black eyes staring down at me as the scar running from his hairline, down his left eye and to his chin pulled with the movement of his hard lined mouth. ''Where is your uncle?''

Not being able to talk in his presence, I pointed to the kitchen and he nodded again before the sound of his heavy footfalls made their way towards the direction I had pointed.

Enforcers always made me nervous.

I shivered at the remembrance of the wolf that had attacked me.

An enforcer was a member or members of the pack who made sure everyone stayed in line and made sure to punish anyone who wandered within their territory. Basically, the stereotype was that they were intimidating warriors who loved to cause pain and revelled in the idea of being able to torture anyone who defied the rules.