0.38

Hold on to me as we go, As we roll down this unfamiliar road And although this wave is stringing us along
Just know you're not alone
'Cause I'm gonna make this place your home
Settle down, it'll all be clear, Don't pay no mind to the demons, They fill you with fear
The trouble—it might drag you down, If you get lost, you can always be found

Just know you're not alone
'Cause I'm gonna make this place your home

Justice:

Last night was crazy.
I'm pretty sure Seth, Lily and I were the only ones who didn't get drunk.

It's funny because the boys got drunk but they sobered up abnormally quick. I guess that's just the shifter gene in them. Leah wasn't there... shocker; same with Sam, Colin and Brady. Poor Seth, we didn't let him drink. But he's still pretty young and it was probably for the best.

It's my birthday. I'm finally 18. I've been excited but also dreading it a little. Not dreading for the reasons Bella was. Dreading it because I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life. I would love to get a job, go to college, and move out of La Push but I don't think that's possible right now. It was plausible when Jake wasn't an alpha because we could just leave. But now, he has duties to attend to and can't leave. I know that neither of us are aging right now but I still feel like I want to get on with my life... not go between my mom's house, dad's house, and Jake's house anymore.  I don't think that Jake has a plan other than protecting La Push. He never considered anything else after he shifted, especially now that he's an alpha.

I groan and roll over onto my stomach. Burying my head into my pillow, not wanting to think about growing up.

Jake dropped me off at my mom's house last night. Said he had stuff to do before today. I don't care. I need to figure my life out. I'm not going to be one of those girls that breaks up with their boyfriend to "find themselves" or any of that bs. I just wish someone would tell me what to do. I clearly need to go to college and get a job but where. Do I leave La Push?

My thoughts are interrupted when my two best friends burst into my room.

"Good morning birthday bitch!!" Lily yells.
For a pregnant girl, she is surprisingly energetic.

"Shhhhh." Kim says, squinting her eyes and holding her head.

"Someone's hungover." Lily giggles.

"Go away." I pout, pulling the pillow over my head.

"C'mon! Up! It's your birthday! We're celebrating!" Lily cheers.

"Shhhhh!" Kim and I both snap.

Then the worst possible thing happens...
Lily starts singing.