Chapter Four

Namjoon's POV
Once again I found Clara unconscious in my arms. Honestly I didn't know exactly what to do. I was left standing there looking down at her gentle complexion.

"She's falling for you." Taehyung joked.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, "Doctor Kim will be here soon, hopefully she'll be awake my then."

As soon as I had said that Clara forced her eyes open and our eyes locked.

"Sorry." Clara whispered, "I couldn't keep my eyes open."

Narrators POV
After a call to Mr. Yuen and spending an hour alone in one of the boy's rooms to have Doctor Kim make sure she was indeed better; Ms. Coast was ready to finally go home. The driver that Mr. Yuen had sent for her was also ready to finally go home.

Clara's POV
"Thank you so much, Mr. Kim." I bowed in front of Namjoon.

Behind me stood Mr. Yuen's driver. I guess I should have known that Jehung didn't even know I was missing for so long.

Namjoon bowed to me as well, "please, it was the least I could do. I actually was very happy that I could help you. I wish I could have spent more time talking to you, and getting to know you better. Unfortunately, I guess you have to go."

Namjoon looked very sadly at the driver behind me.

I thought deeply for a moment, wondering if I should do what I was thinking I could do.

"Um... I...." I sighed as I looked Namjoon directly in the eyes, the rest of the boys stood behind him watching us. I cleared my throat and pulled out Doctor Kim's business card from my pocket, "if you have a pen, I could give you my phone number. For informational purposes, of course..."

Namjoon gleamed as he reached into his pocket for a pen. He handed me the fine tip pen that appeared to be fairly new. I gave him a smile in return and began to write my name and full number down onto the card. When I had finished I handed the pen back to him, but when I went to hand him my number, I couldn't help but hesitate. Mr. Yuen didn't agree with me giving out my phone number,  therefore I rarely did, but due to all that had happened it only felt right to give Namjoon my number.

I bit my tongue and handed the card to Namjoon.

"Once again I thank you for everything you have don't for me." I bowed once more, "I hope to hear from you soon."

I slowly began walking out of the door while Jin responded, "don't worry you will."

I sent him a smile as well and a small bow before exiting the building.

Narrators POV
After an hour drive due to traffic, Ms. Coast finally made it home. Instantly she began running a warm bath for herself. Mr. Yuen wasn't home and Clara's bathroom hadn't been touched for almost 4 days.

Clara's POV
I sunk deep within my large tub and inhaled the sweet scent of vanilla with a hint of lavender. My entire body ached and my face still throbbed from the bruises and swells of the wounds laid upon me by my enemies. I had lost.....

Had I lost before? Sure. All of the time. But losing to two guys with no training other than a crappy free six month class on boxing? That was highly unlikely.

Something happened that night. I don't know what it is but I guess I was just off my game. Something happened to bring me two blocks away from the club and in front of the boys' house.... I wish I knew what, but my memory of that night is foggy, and no matter how long I lay in this warm bath with my eyes closed and my mind open the memories weren't going to come.

I relaxed my body and sunk deeper into the water, my ears and lips being caressed with water, but my nose and eyes still floating above the water. I kept my eyes shut and breathed in slowly.

My heart rate finally started to lower, the pain in my body reaching a subtle ache.

I laughed as I could finally relax.

The moment didn't last long.

The second I finished drawing in a breath, my face was shoved underwater. Instantly I grabbed the arm of my assailant to hold him down. I brought my legs out of the tub quickly and landed a hard blow to their body with my legs and feet. I release my grip from their hand and pushed myself out of the bathtub.

Before you ask. Yes I'm naked. Clearly I'm not in a bathtub in a prom dress or a pair of jeans.

I hopped over the side of the massive tub and my feet landed on the cold tile. I was about to get up and tackle the intruder when I realized it was my old friend Kaden.

He was the only one I knew from the orphanage in America. Unfortunately he had only shown back up in my life about two years ago when he came looking for me here in Seoul.

Kaden was partially Asian and the rest Native American so he blended in with the Korean crowd pretty well. Although he was slightly tanner than them, he had the same build and general features. Because of his looks it was easy for Mr. Yuen to convince everyone that he was a top Security owner and put him under the occupation of my personal body guard. Although we all knew I didn't need a body guard, I just needed a friend.

"Kaden!!" I shouted as I grabbed my robe off of its hanger, "What the hell are you doing?!?!"

Kaden crossed his arms over his now wet body and glared at me, "you've been gone for almost 4 days and you expect me not to shove your face into the bath?"

"I was beaten pretty bad." I explained draining the water from my bath.

"You?" Kaden stared at me in disbelief.

I hung my head in shame at my defeat. I slid on my plush robe, tying it loosely around my waist.

Upon realizing I wasn't going to say any more, Kaden sighed. He looked down at the wet tiles in thought for a moment before looking back up at me, "You do the right thing every night. It's expected that somethings you just gotta lose."
___________________________
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
___________________________

So I figured since the last chapter was short I'd give you this little nugget just so I don't feel so bad about the last chapter. Hope everyone is enjoying the last of their weekend. Please comment and vote.