Chapter Ten

Clara's POV
I walked downstairs, Namjoon's oversized clothes flopping on me due to the size. I could hear muffled talking as I made my way to the kitchen.

"You could love her." Jin looked at Namjoon, who pushed food around on a plate.

"Good morning. I apologize for being a burden once again." I bowed after announcing myself.

I stood up and looked directly at Namjoon with a gentle smile. It was an action he didn't return has he went back to his food.

I felt like I had just stepped into a song by iPrevail. Chasing love that will never be mind, maybe one day you'll realize, these words you should always remember; to you my heart I surrender.

Then again my days in Seoul lately have proven to me that no guy will love you. Even if they do love you, and you love them, not like you'll end up with them.

"Good morning Namjoon-Oppa." I said out loud, realizing he was trying to either wave me off or ignore me.

Instantly the room became silent and the guys all stared at Namjoon. All that could be heard was the sound of cooking grease popping and food steaming.

Crickets chirped in my head as I waited.

Yoongi was the first to clear his throat, "good morning, Clara. How did you sleep?"

"Very well thank you. And yourself?"

"I always sleep well." He smiles cheekily.

I laughed slightly, but I cut it off quickly. I pulled my attention back to Namjoon who wasn't even eating. I know it was seen as disrespectful for a woman to approach a man when he didn't wish to be, but I was American. We weren't always respectful, and so I did the one thing that it seemed most women were afraid to do; I stepped up right next to Namjoon, leaned over so I was right in his face.

"My sincerest apologies, Mr. Kim," my voice shifted into its authoritative tone, "I wasn't aware that you actually don't wish to speak with me when your note this morning said-"

Namjoon was off his seat with his hand covering my mouth in no time at all. His brown eyes stared deep into mine, his warm comforting had caressing my lips roughly, but it was also very soft and gentle. Out chest pressed together and pulled apart as we breathed. Before I knew it I was lost in Namjoon's embraced. I raised my white flag. I couldn't be stern and aggressive with him. Even if I wanted to; one look into his eyes and I gave up. He had won.

He had won all of me. He had won all of my thoughts. The sad part is he would never know...

I would get engaged, and get married. I would have kids and name one Namjoon so even after my husband had forbade from speaking to my Yeobo I would always remember him. I could already see my story. But he would always be my victor. He had won me by pressing his silk lips to mine. He had won me by holding me in his stone arms: cold, strong. He had won me.

"Clara?" Namjoon shook me.

I blinked, my entire existence refocusing. I looked around to see I was on the floor and all the guys were looking at me very concerned.

"What happened?" I looked at all of them.

"You said 'I surrender' and then you just kind flopped on the ground like a floppy fish." Taehyung smiled down at me.

Jungkook scoffed at V, "shut up alien, Clara was completely conscious she just swooned from Namjoon's touch clearly."

"Aish!" Namjoon snapped, "she's hungover not swooning."

Before I could stop myself I nodded, "I was actually probably swooning." Instantly I bit my tongue, looking up wide eyed at the guys, "for Jin, clearly."

I laughed it off in the most awkwardly uncomfortable tone. Everyone looked at Jin who laughed as well before turning to Namjoon. Jin gave him an awkward smile before going back to me.

All the guys helped me up, well except Taehyung..... Taehyung just grabbed my butt. I thumped him on the side of his head, scolding him that that's not appropriate.

"I was just doing it so I could tell RapMon of it was worth it to grab or not." Taehyung shrugged. I went in to slap him harder, but Namjoon had already done it.

"Shur up V!" He said urgently.

There were a few more words tossed between the two of them, the maknae line throwing in a few side comments every now and then, but ultimately it ended with V, Jimin, and Jungkook being dragged off by Yoongi and Seokjin.

Namjoon turned to me, "I'm sorry about that I do-"

"Don't worry about it." I pushed my wet hair back nervously.

"I will worry about it," he stepped closer, his finger gently lifting my chin to lock our gaze, "I don't want you to think that I'm always like that or that I'm immature. I just want you to be impressed."

My mouth gapped only slightly, "why do you need to impress me?"

"Because you're-"

"Alright we're going to go to the bachelor party for the boss. We'll give him the excuse that you're not feeling well." Suga said, his eyes down on his phone as he entered the room.

Namjoon pulled his hand away from me and took a step back. I couldn't help the cold feeling that was left on my chin. I felt like that would be my life from now on. My entire body would be cold and I wouldn't be able to help it. My life felt meaningless. There was no passion anymore. I couldn't protect people, I couldn't fall in love, I couldn't live my own life how I wanted to. It made me wonder if it was too late to pull the adopted card and go back to America. But then there was that, I had nothing outside of Mr. Yuen, without him I would be nothing, I owed everything to him... Including my life.

______________________________________________________

The next chapter of my favorite, although I cried a bit writing it. Any way I hope you liked this one, please leave me many comments so we can start lovely chats on the comment section (it's how I make most of my friends on here).