Chapter Eighteen

Narrators POV
After watching Sarah Adams board a flight to Egypt with her Brother - Luke Adam's - location on a price of paper, Clara returned home. Namjoon sat in a seat waiting for her.

Namjoon's POV
I waited several hours before Clara walked through her bedroom door without a scratch. I would be a liar if I said I was expecting it to be later, and her to be in worse condition.

"Clara?" I stood up as she dropped her artillery on her bed.

"Blood is on a plane to Egypt to save her long lost brother." She walked over to me and sat on the matching chair across from the one I was sitting in.

I looked down at her questioning my before sitting down, "So why didn't to arrest her?"

Clara reached over to a table next to the chairs and poured herself a glass of what appeared to be scotch out of a crystal bottle. She took a small sip of the liquid before letting it settle. She stared at the drink for a moment before finally deciding to speak, "Because Blood's name is Sarah. And Sarah is me."

"What?"

Clara looked up at me, her eyes gentle, but serious, "I killed because I was promised a family. That was all it took to get me to desire the taste for blood. It was a brainwashing of making me believe I wanted to kill when in reality I wanted a family and a life. Blood wanted her brother, so she was willing to do whatever it took to get him back. It's what I did because I thought my family was still alive. It wasn't until Kayden got me out and told me the truth, that my parents were being held hostage until Y deemed fit, it was that a man who belongs inside an insane asylum had lied to get an angry and unstable young girl to murder at will.

"We used to call Y our father, or our trainer, but he goes by Y. He was a drug dealer, a Slave trader, and a murderer. He was great at getting children to do his dirty work, and I've been so blinded by thinking Blood had done this, that I hadn't even thought that Y was behind it all along. And the worst part is is Y is here, in my life. He's been in my house, and at my dinner table at mr. Yuen's business dinners. And now I'm going to find him, and I'm going to kill him. Because unlike Blood, there is no Jail that this guy won't manage to get out of. I need to end this."

"Clara." I pressed gently, my hands slowly resting on her knees so as to avoid having the cut off, "you need to rest. We will face this in the morning."

"It's already morning."

"We will face this tomorrow." I hushed her, "come on, come to bed with me."

I stood and pulled the now empty glass out of her hands before taking them and pulling her with me towards the bed. She got up ever so hesitantly and followed me. It was obvious that she was on edge, and although I didn't understand any of her current situation, I felt the need to get involved in it. Even if I wasn't skilled enough or as double-O-seven enough for this, I could still calm her down. Most importantly I could still care for her, and that was my plan.

I pulled the blankets up and allowed Clara to crawl in before laying them back down on her. She snuggled deeply into her pillows as she pulled the blankets up to her chin. I began to walk away, but Clara's hand snatched out at mine before I could.

"Please don't leave me." Her eyes pleaded with me, "If I'm alone I'll think of Kayden, and if I think of Kayden I'll break down and cry all night. Please stay with me." Her voice was frantic before it dropped to a hushed tone, "I just want someone I care about to hold me."

I reached for her hand with my free one, grasping onto her with everything I have. She pulled me back towards her, shuffling her body over in her bed as she did. I sat down in the now empty space and kicked my shoes off. I smiled down at her and I took off my jacket and shirt as well.

I looked down at my pants before looking back at her, "jeans are kind of uncomfortable to sleep in-"

"I don't mind if you sleep in your underwear." She whispered, "and if you want a pair of sweats I'm sure there are some in Kayden's room."

I laughed, "no it's okay, a tank top and my boxers are what I normally sleep in."

Clara let out a small laugh. She smiled up at me for a moment before I turned and took my pants off. Once my pants were on the floor next to everything else I brought me feet up and placed them into the warm security of Clara's bedsheets.

I pulled Clara close to me, letting her head and hand rest on my chest. I could hear her breathing, it was peaceful. Like an even tempo that I could hold a beat to.

Clara's POV
When I woke up the next morning, Namjoon was drooling. It was so cute I almost melted. All I could think about was waking up like this every morning. Every single time the sun rose, I could turn to my side and see Namjoon's cute chubby cheeks, and smooth pointed chin, and flickable button nose, and squishy rosy lips, and I would be content. More than content; I would be happy. Even happier than happy, I would be filled with so much joy that I would cry every morning in pure merriment at the thought alone that I could be loved by some as amazing as him.

I leaned closer to his drooling face. His breathing was deep and even in a content sleep. I was almost guilt tripping myself by looking at his peaceful face. Luckily a little bit more guilt wouldn't hurt.

I stuck my tongue out.

The very tip of his nose twitched under my tongue. I giggled and moved my tongue around a little on his nose. Namjoon mumbled under my tongue and rolled over away from me. I smiled and leaned over the side of his face... Where I then started licking his cheek instead of his nose.

Namjoon moaned again before he started laughing with his eyes still closed. He rolled over so that he was on his back one again and our faces were only wisps of breaths apart. Namjoon opened his eyes and smiled at me.

"Good morning, my love." I whispered as Namjoon stared at me.

He reached up and brushed my hanging hair back behind my ear. The tenderness in his eyes made my entire body heat up, but I didn't completely melt until I singled out the love within those dark pools.

"Good morning, my queen." He whispered back.

He pushed forward, connecting out lips for a long moment before finally laying back down. I left my eyes closed from the kiss for a moment as I tried to commit the feeling to memory. A gentle smile spread across my face at the thought of feeling his lips on mine for forever.

I opened my eyes and stared down at the man of my dreams. It was almost as if God had given him to me at this time in my life on purpose. Not only was he keeping me together emotionally - with everything going on, I knew without him I'd fall apart - but he was also the one thing Kayden always wanted for me. I was in love. And I wanted it to last forever. Forever with only him. Forever with Kim Namjoon.

"Namjoon?" My voice was barely above a whisper. I was almost concerned that I would have to call out to him again even though we were so close. Luckily all musicians have good ears.

"Yes, Clara?" He whispered back.

I paused as my voice hitched in my mouth, "will you marry me?"