Chapter Eleven

WARNING VERY MATURE AND SENSITIVE CONTENT WARNING

Clara's POV
I sat in my room on Saturday. Three hours until the party. Ladies had already started on my make up. My nails were painted an elegant red. My outfit had been chosen this morning. A long red dress, a silk gown that hugs every curve but still flowed to elegance, silver heals that were fit for a queen, ruby and silver earrings with a matching necklace were due to hang against my neck like a noose, a silver diamond in-crested bracelet to be latched around my wrist like the invisible handcuffs I will be restricted by for the rest of my life. And later tonight.... A ring will be on my finger.

In an hour the party will officially start, and so as a team of four woman did my hair and make-up, I sat looking in the mirror. I couldn't help the tears that came down my eyes. I was trying so hard to be strong, and yet my strength was failing. My mother and father were surely suffering in their afterlife. They loved me more than anything and I know they would have preferred me to be alone forever than forced to live in the chains of an unwanted marriage.

After the women finished, they went down to tell Mr. Yuen that I was ready. I could hear the music from the already started party, but I didn't want to go down. My make-up was waterproof, as it had to be since I wouldn't stop crying, so I couldn't wipe it off no matter how hard I painfully scrubbed a rag into my face.

By this point I was weeping. I lay on the tile floor of my bathroom, my bare shoulders against the freezing marble, my only view was of my medicine drawer beneath my make-up desk.

Suddenly, I stopped sobbing. I thought for a moment as I stared at the white in agony. I pushed my self up into a sitting position and leaned toward, opening up the compartment and pulling out a full bottle of sleeping pills. I opened it up and spilt out all its contents on the floor, picking up two and reaching to put them in my mouth. To either my luck or my misfortune, my phone lit up with a name I couldn't ignore.

From Namjoon-Oppa: I just got to this party and the owner says he's Yuen Jehung. Are you having a 21st party tonight?

I put the pills down and replaced it with my phone in hand, calling him back.

"Oppa?" I whispered.

"Are you coming down to accept the proposal?" He sounded like a mix between cheery and in pain.

Instantly I began weeping again, "I can not, I'd rather die than marry him! I want to end everything tonight."

I reached back for the pill bottle and poured some more out. I grabbed a bottle of water, breaking the seal and taking a sip.

"Yeobo??" Namjoon's voice suddenly became filled with worry, "are those pills?"

I threw my phone away, not able to listen to his voice without thinking about what I was losing.

I reached for a pill.

Namjoon's POV
"YEOBO?!" I shouted into the phone, "CLARA?!?!" I dropped my phone and ran to Mr. Yuen, "Where is Clara's room?" I asked urgently.

"I beg your pardon?" He asked

"Namjoon?" Jin tried to console me, not having any idea what was going on - I ignored him.

"Where is Clara right now?!" I shouted at Yuen harshly.

"She's upstairs in her bathroom. You rude young man." Mr. Yuen said to me, but I ignored his tone and bolted for the hall way.

I found the grand staircase and bounded up them, taking two at a time with a speed I had never seen before.

"Namjoon!!" Suga called, chasing after me.

"Mr. Kim stop at once!!" Mr. Yuen demanded, "security!!"

I wanted to bash his face in with a toilet plugger so he'd literally finally get it into his head that he's a sh*tyy person, but I had bigger problems.

I ran and ran until I found a room full of women calling into a door for Clara, "MOVE!!" I shouted and didn't slow down as I head straight for the door.

I had never knocked down a door before, and in that moment I knew I wouldn't ever be doing it again. As the door went down with part of the frame breaking off and flying into the air, I went with it, my body slamming down hard and my head whacking the wood with enough force to give me a concussion.

I scrabbled to my feet quickly, looking at the broken glass and smashed pills around me. Clara was in the corner, tears streaming down a red and scratched face. She was in a dress so beautiful that if she was mine I would have been over come with affection. Unfortunately in her current state, I couldn't help, but not give a rat about the dress, but instead more about the life of the perfect woman in front of me.

I crawled over to her, cutting my suit's trousers on the glass. I got as close to her as I could and held her.

"Did you-?" I choked.

She shook her sobbing head, "No.... I wasn't strong enough."

At that time Suga finally caught up and reached the door. He leaned in, breathing hard. Once he caught up with everything by looking at the seen displayed in front of him, he stepped forward onto the disaster area slowly. He looked at me with clear concern in his eyes, "Namjoon...?"

I shook my head at him. The women who were once standing outside the door now clustered once again to look in and see what was happening. Although it didn't last long. Two other men came running in, one much older, maybe in his forties, and the other around my own age.

"Clara?!" He instantly became on edge after looking at the sight. He rushed to Clara's other side and began checking her vitals.

"She didn't take any..." I said to the man, Clara had curled up into me and buried her now slumbering head in my chest.

"How do you-" he began.

"She told me."

"And you tr-"

"I trust her with my life."

"But you don't know-"

"I know her." I paused and this time the man didn't interrupt, "I know she needs love, not that man who wants to just make money off of their marriage. I know she's prone to getting in trouble, and I know she can handle her alcohol better than any man. I know she's intelligent, I know her favorite movie is American, it's called The Guardian, I know she sleeps curled in a ball with her head on and her arms wrapped tight around a pillow." I hadn't realized I was crying until it began landing on my arms that I had wrapped around Clara like she was the most valuable thing in the world, "but the most of all is, even though I just met her, I know that if I were to lose her from my life, I wouldn't know what to do with it."