Chapter Five

Clara's POV
After talking with Kaden for a few minutes on the wet ground of my bathroom, we decided it was best to head down and speak with Mr. Yuen.

"I was worried about you Clara." He spoke coldly, though I knew he was actually a kind man, "With your twenty-first birthday in just a week and many eligible consorts coming to seek your hand; I was afraid you had ran away."

I mentally sighed. See this was the bad part of being the adopted daughter of a wealthy man and an heir to a billion dollar company; having my hand in marriage was a business advantage. No one wanted to marry me for love or for the idea of having a life with me, all that they could think about it the money. Needless to say, there we a lot of days that I did want to run away.

"-I think it would be best if you stopped this vigilantism." I pulled myself back into reality at the last part of Mr. Yuen's words.

Wait what did he just say?

"I'm sorry Jehung, can you repeat what you said?" I was in shock at the only words I heard.

"You've had a marriage offer from a young man only a year older than you who is taking over his father's entertainment company and we've invited him to you birthday party as a sign of good faith that there's a chance you will marry him." Mr. Yuen took in a long deep breath. He had explained everything in one long, quick, awkward breath. He breathed in some more before continuing, "it's because of him that I think it would be best if you allowed yourself to heal and prepare for a lifetime of marriage and family by ending the activities that you do in the shadows at night."

My mouth hung open at everything that was being said.

This was not the life I had planned for myself. I did NOT want to get married and I surely did NOT want to stop trying to make my home a better place.

I wasn't even honestly doing anything that insane. Maybe stopping a few robberies that police couldn't get to fast enough, or stopping a woman from jumping off a building. I wasn't putting myself in much danger. I was simply doing something that I felt in my heart that I needed to do.

Marriage was completely out of my heart.

"Jehung I... I thought I already made my plea?" I begged, "I want to run the company and my life on my own, and if I were forced to take a husband we would just have Kaden and I sign off as a married couple?"

I could feel my strength being burned out of my heart.

"Kaden does nothing for you financially or socially." Jehung explained, "there is no money or status to be gained by marrying Kaden."

I looked back at Kaden, my eyes looking at him with a sufferable expression as I beseeched him to help with my eyes. But all he could do was look back with sympathy as he accepted his status wasn't that of Jehung's and my own.

"It's settled then," Jehung spoke as if I agreed to his words, though I never looked away from Kaden, "The son of the owner of Big Hit Entertainment and his father will come in a week to the party. He will propose to you then and you will accept."

Namjoon's POV
About three hours after Clara left I received a call from the company. The boys and I would be accompanying them to a benefit on Saturday to preform at eleven in the morning, then at two in the afternoon we were scheduled for a photo shoot. At around four we were supposed to have be interviewed for a magazine and then at seven we were expected to accompany the owner of the company and his son to a party and preform as a gift for an allied company.

I sighed as I looked through the chaotic schedule that we were forced to undergo in a week. All I wanted to do was come home to Clara on my couch and be able to talk to her unconscious body as if she could hear.