Chapter Nine

Namjoon's POV
I woke up to the sound of food cooking.

I forced myself to wake up; yanking my own body off of the couch using the back. I looked over to the kitchen to see Jin at the stove. I sauntered over to him, sliding into a seat at the island across from him.

He was staring down at the stove, but I could see a very strange smirk on his face from the side.

"What's gotten into you?" I asked, very confused as to why he was smirking.

He looked over at me with the creepiest face, "I think the real question is what have you gotten into Clara."

In that exact moment, I swear I could have spit out any drink that was in my mouth if I had had one. Unfortunately there was no drink in my mouth, so I stood there my breathe completely and utterly taken.

"W-what? What makes you think," I stopped to clear my throat and regain my composure, "what makes you think that I put anything into Clara?"

Jin looks back to the food he was preparing, "I was black out drunk last night, but for a split second I woke up to vomit and pee, and you want to know what I heard?" He looked back to me with both an accusing and an amused smile.

I shook my head no, not wanting to receive the awkward conversation Jin was about to have with me.

"I heard very pleasurable moans coming from the room next to mine." Jin continued, "in other words; your room."

"I'm sorry what?" Suga sounded overly confused as he stood at the end of the island.

I hadn't even realized that he had came down until just now.

"Namjoon and Clara made love last night." Jin said bluntly.

WHA-" Suga started to yell, but before he woke up the whole dorm I cut everyone off.

"No! We did not have sex. We were close, but I stopped before it went to far."

"Okay now I'm even more angry!" Suga walked over to me and slightly slapped me, "why didn't you make a woman out of her?!"

"Yeah you stupid oaf!" Jin leaned over and flicked my nose.

I pushed both of them away aggressively, "she's a virgin!" I whispered hastily, "I couldn't. She's about to be engaged and married to someone else. I'm not her husband, I'm not her fiancé, I'm not even her boyfriend. I have no right to take her into my arms and hold her like she's my own. As much as I wanted to be her first; as much as I wanted to lay with her and fall asleep with her in a hot, sweaty, naked mess; I had no right."

Narrator's POV
As Namjoon explained himself to his friends in a woeful haze, a quiet spy sat at the base of the stairs listening to what the group of three had to say.

Clara's POV

I looked at the note sitting on the night stand.

The guys had planned on going out before noon, but I'd rather stay home. Please spend the day with me. Shower and wear a fresh pair of my clothes.
- Your Yeobo

I shuffled over to the bathroom door that hung wide open attached to Namjoon's room. As soon as I entered I took one look at my appearance and cringed. My face was painfully pasty, my eyes deep within the darkest circled I've ever seen. My hair was a mess, my eyes were as red as Santa clause's coat and..... I had the biggest hickey on my neck. Like I'm not joking, if my neck were a mad of the United States this hockey would be Texas, plus a little bit of its neighboring states.

I looked away from the hickey, only slightly remembering all of last night. I pulled off my clothes and began running the water. As I waited for it to get hot, I looked back at the mirror to my body. I rotated slightly to look at my back.

Scars. Scars everywhere.

Lumping patches of skin from where a whip had broken deep. Between my shoulder-blades the powerful word:

Bloodthirst

I turned back to the mirror, leaning against the sink to get a better look into my own eyes. My life could be seen in these eyes. From the days of my family, to the days at the orphanage, then my moments trying to find my way around Korea, to now. Now I was so much stronger. But was it from these moments? Or was it from the time I leave out from my story? From the time after the days of my family but before those of the orphanage? Is who I left behind and who I am now becoming the same person.... Does my body quench for blood?

The steam had fogged up the mirror so much that I found myself unable to look into my own eyes. I shook my head of my thoughts and stepped into the agonizingly hot water. I showered quickly, but made sure to use the conditioner and soap that smelt most like Namjoon. I stepped out, wrapping myself in a towel I found underneath the sink.

When I stepped out of the bathroom I instantly came to a halt. Namjoon was leaning down into a drawer and pulling out a black shirt. He looked over at me before slowly standing up straight. There was a long moment where we held eye contact, both us as very aware that all I had to do was lift up my arms and I'd be completely naked in his bedroom.

This time I was the first one to screw my head on straight, "Sorry, um, I mean to ask where can I find the shirts that you'd be comfortable with me wearing?"

"I put a pair of boxers, sweat pants and a shirt over there," he pointed to the night stand, "on the floor."

I swiftly picked up the clothes, without showing anything through the towel, "Thank you, Namjoon."

"No need to thank me, girls always look cuter in guys' oversized clothes."