Chapter Twenty-One

Clara's POV.
The date was set for 3 months from now, and an apartment was due to be ours in two weeks....

...not me and Namjoon, Kayden and I. In 3 months he'll get out of his wheel chair and then him and I are move out into our own apartment since Mr. Yuen refused to accept the dishonor I brought upon him.

Yet, I was okay with that. Although Mr. Yuen had helped me become an adult and set up my life, he wasn't really ever in it. From the moment I got here to this moment now, I had always been independent and nothing was going to effect that... Well other than marriage - but unfortunately that won't be happening for another year seeing as the the boys were going on a four month tour around the world, and then it will take at least that to plan the wedding.

I sighed at the thought of that. I sighed at the thought of not being able to marry Namjoon for another year. I sighed for knowing that he'll be gone for four months to places with prettier girls and prettier women.

"What has you so stressed, baby girl?" Namjoon asked as he crawled into my bed.

He would have been completely naked, if he hadn't pulled on his boxers after going to the bathroom. As for me though, I had received a gift from Jin on the night of Namjoon's grand proposal; a silk lingerie night gown. It was actually extremely comfortable and although it was a light - almost skin tone - pink, I was kind of taken with it.

I bit down on my tongue at Namjoon's question. I was a strong and independent woman; a well rounded fighter with the ability to charm any man or woman into doing my biding, I need not worry about the women Namjoon will run into on his tour.

I pleasured a smirk on my face, "nothing, daddy," Namjoon's face instantly turned red. I got out of the bed, his mouth still wide open from shock, "I'm gonna go spar with Daniel. After all I haven't had a good combat partner in years. I'll be back in a few hours." I snatched up my uniform from under my bed and exited my room.

I could have changed in my bathroom, but I wanted to leave Namjoon hanging. I needed to ensue as much love and lust into that boy until all he could think of when he saw other women was me.

I was near the stairs with my clothes in hand when suddenly there was a loud thud against the door. I could hear a struggle against the doorknob as I bounded down the stairs. I slid to a halt, lunging for an umbrella that hung by the door.

The door bursted open, I raised the umbrella high, ready to strike, but I couldn't. My eyes widened at the scene in front of me.

"I need a needle and thread now!!" Sarah Adams (aka Blood) shouted, a beaten and battered Yuen hanging between her and an injured Daniel.

I didn't have time to speak as I reacted; my brain clocked into assassin mode. Within ten seconds I had taken over the situation. Dragging Yuen into the kitchen and dragging him into the kitchen's island. Before they could stand against me I was spouting out commands to Daniel of things to get me and where they were, and handed things of to Sarah as if she were my nurse and I were a graduated Doctor.

I closed the larger open wounds first, and by the time that was done Namjoon and Kayden had rushed down to confront the commotion. I yelled and Kayden to get me things that were just out of mine and Sarah's reach as we kept pressure on certain wounds. Namjoon became my runner as Daniel stepped forward to help me patch and put pressure on Yuen's bleeding skin.

My head was spinning so fast, and the blood was running so quickly, but my actions weren't going that far.

Even though I had taken over the old team and we still worked like a well oiled machine, even though we had the extra hands of Kayden and Namjoon, even though we were all much older and more experienced now; none of it mattered. None of it helped. There was no pulse. There hadn't been the whole time - and although Saran pumped while I tried to keep some of the blood inside to actually keep pumping; it was useless.

I closed my eyes to see the darkness. To see my old friend again. I sighed into its comfortable arms and backed away from the red countertop. I could hear Sarah begin to speak, but I dared not reopen my eyes.

"I'm calling it, Clara." Her voice was calm and filled with empathy, "today at eleven-fifty nine... Jehung Yuen died."

The darkness was wrapping around me, it's warm body like a snake. It was trying to get back inside of me, it was trying to take hold, and I would be living is I said I didn't want to let it in.

"Clara." Kayden's stern voice pulled me out.

I snapped my eyes open and look to my best friend. The sounds of breaths grappling into the silence and yanking on the tendrils of the sensitive balance between light and dark were all that could be heard. Those breaths were the only thing pulsating as everyone's hearts stopped in the bloodthirsty anticipation of Kayden's words, "Fucking end this."