Chapter Six

Clara's POV
It's been a few days since I've talked to Namjoon and the guys. Jin and I texted a little last night and for the past few days Namjoon and I have been texting each other, but unfortunately both him and I have been so busy that we keep missing each other by a few hours.

It's Thursday today. In two days I'll be twenty-one.... And engaged. I couldn't help but wish that there was some miraculous way that I can fall in love before then, but the odds of that happening are so slim that I might as well just stop breathing before then.

I met the man whose proposal I was to except yesterday and he was completely rude and said the most awful things. As he spoke to me I could feel my resolve slowly breaking.

"You Americans know nothing about Korean ways. I'd be better off marrying a homeless rat. At least they live here and know how to live properly," he hissed as me, lighting a cigar that he has stuck in his mouth. He took a deep draw from it before continuing, "the only reason I'm filling my gene pool with the toxic waste that is you is so that my family can become the legal owners of two of the best companies in Korea. Don't think for a second that I would actually be marrying you for love."

I bit my inner lip out of pure raw anger. I didn't even realize that I had been standing in the middle of the super market gripping tightly to an apple until a small little girl and her friends started to laugh at me. I shook my head of the thoughts of my future fiancée. I looked down and the little girls and smiled.

"Marry for love, not because you're an object." I told them, I hadn't even realized that my voice was cracking.

They stopped laughing and ran away. They were probably afraid of the crazy American spouting insanity at them in Korean.

I sighed and put the apple back on the shelf.

"Clara?" I heard a voice sound next to me.

My head whipped around from the shelf to see the voice behind me.

"Jin?" I laughed. He was literally the last person I expected to see.

"It is you." Jin smiled and stepped closer to me so we weren't talking across the store, "this is a pleasant surprise."

Jin and I hugged, his grip mush stronger than my own.

"How has everyone been?" I asked.

"You ask as if you have known us for forever." Jin laughed at me as we strolled our way to the cashier.

I laughed, "honestly I wish it was like that. I need some friends in Korea, and you all seem so sweet that I can help but wish I wasn't just some stranger you to guys."

I placed my basket of food on the cashier counter and looked over at Jin.

"Honestly, since you left, all that we've talked about is you." Jin blushes slightly as he awkwardly tried to look me in the eyes.

My head threw back in laughter at how cute Jin looked with the sheepish expression on his face.

"That makes me so happy." I tried to sober up, but I was left with permanent grin on my face, "here let me pay for your things."

I reached for his basket full some banana milk and a can of coffee grounds.

"No no, it's alright." He waved me off.... So I for fully reached down and grabbed his basket and handed it to the registrar.

"I'll be paying for his as well."

Jin argued that i shouldn't pay for him as we checked out and began leaving the store and heading to our cars. No matter what he argued though I refused to let him pay me back. They had saved my life basically, I owed them. All of them.

"At least come an have a cup of coffee with me." Jin finally offered his last plea.

A cup of some warm coffee did sound nice... Especially with it be close to winter and the air being dreadfully cold.

I bit my lip and thought. After a few strange sounds of thought and a sigh I nodded, "that actually sounds nice."

"Oh thank gosh. I hate drinking alone."

"Just let me get the address and I'll meet you there?"

"How about we just drive there together, then after I can bring you back here?" Jin proposed.

I shrugged, "even better. Just let me throw my groceries into my car."

"Yes of course, I'll get the car warm for us."

I smiled and gave a curt nod. Jin turned and walked to his car as I unlocked my and dropped my bag of noodles and broccoli into the passenger seat. I hurried to shut my car and lock it so that I didn't leave Jin waiting.

I walked briskly to Jin's car and knocked on the passenger window. He leaned over, unlocked the door and then opened it for me. I stepped into the warm car and held my frozen hands to the heater.

Jin laughed at me, "you should look into buying some gloves."

I let out a single amused breath, "I have a pair, I just don't like having my hand converted."

"I guess I can understand that. But for not let's go get you warmed up with some coffee."