Complications

I can't believe she kissed me, I mean I like her just ever since I learnt about mates I always wanted to wait for mine. I broke the kiss and shuffled a bit away from her looking into her regretful eyes.

"Hayley, we can't. You know you have been waiting for your mate and so have I, it would be wrong." I said looking into her guilty facial expression.

"Oh I-I'm sorry Jesse, you're right." She started before getting up and leaving towards her room. I never wanted to hurt her feelings and I know she only kissed me since now Justin has a mate and she feels lonely. I get up and start heading up the stairs to try and find her when I smell the most amazing scent I have ever smelt. I follow it towards Derek and Kyle's rooms in hope that I don't bump into Derek, but of course the scent leads right into his room where I can hear the showing running and the TV on.

I knock twice before I hear a beautiful gentle voice reply, telling me to come in. I turn the door knob revealing the hottest girl I've ever seen, around my age with brown hair and piercing green eyes staring back at me. I know she is my mate and I think she can feel the connection as well because for one, she cant stop staring at me and two, she looks old enough to be able to tell.

"Hey I-I'm Jesse." I stutter at almost a whisper. I can tell she has alpha power and its pretty strong too, wait. Shit. Please don't be Derek's girlfriend.

"I-I'm Sierra, but you have to leave, like right now! Derek is about to get out of the shower and you're obviously the brother he was ranting about all day so leave before he kills you." She whispered too fast for me to realise she started pushing me out the door sending sparks up my arm.

"Wait, meet me in the backyard at midnight tonight," I whispered, seeing her nod quickly before the door slammed in my face and I could hear the shower stop and Derek start to speak so I run down the hallway towards Hayley's room before he can sniff me out.

I knock on her door it opens a few seconds later showing her red blotchy face from crying.

"Hayley, I'm really sorry I made you cry." I spoke while walking in and hugging her.

"Don't be Jesse, it's not you I just, I've always liked Justin more than friends and I always hoped we would be mates and then when I found out we weren't I hoped we both just wouldn't find our mates so we could be together. Now there is no hope."

"Hayley I'm sure you'll find your mate really soon and you'll forget about Justin, just trust me okay." She nodded back to me and we sat back and watched a movie of her choice.

-

I wake up and turn to my side to see Hayley sleeping quietly and I check my phone, shit it's 8:00, we must've slept through dinner, I wonder why Dakota didn't come and get us. I rub my eyes and sit up just as Dakota walks in the door.

"Jesse, you're awake," she whispered smirking at me.

"Yeah we fell asleep watching a movie, where were you? I thought you were going to take a nap."

"Yeah well I was, but then I got hungry so I went to the kitchen and when I came back up I heard you and Hayley talking and went to Justin's room to nap instead since he is out with his new girlfriend," she chuckled, "what were you two talking about anyway?"

"Hayley kissed me, she was upset Justin found his mate before she did and she feels alone."

"Holy crap, so nothing is happening between you two?"

"Nah, she was just upset, I think she is just gonna wait for her mate now, hey why didn't you come and get us for dinner?"

"I was asleep too and I think Alpha Tyson just told your dads pack to let us sleep because we are exhausted."

"Right, well should we let her sleep and go downstairs?"

"Yup."

We walk out of the room and down the stairs to the lounge room to see it finally occupied by Derek and Sierra. Shit. No one knows Sierra is my mate yet and it kills me seeing his arm around her, my own brother.

I try to turn to the kitchen but Dakota goes and drags me to the couch across from them. Derek gives me the biggest death glare I've ever gotten and I just turn towards the TV.

"I love this movie." Dakota finally said trying to start conversation which just causes Derek to glare at her too. Out of no where I here Sierra slowly shuffle away from Derek making me smirk a little. Just as he was about to say something to her, I assume to ask her why she moved Kyle walks in.

"Sup everybody!?" He announced.

"Hey kyle," Dakota and I reply smiling at him as he sits on the single seat next to our couch.

"Watching a movie are we? And how was everyone's day, I heard all you Redley members were snoozing at dinner." He chuckled.

"Yeah, well the girls dragged us through town." I replied to him receiving a nod and a smirk from him in return.

"And my big brother, what did you do?" Kyle asked sarcastically smirking at Derek and winking at Dakota and I.

"Shut up runt." Derek growled glaring at him.

"I'm only two years younger than you and I'm probably stronger bitch." Kyle replied back causing a shocked expression from Dakota and I, almost making me laugh. My little brother definitely has balls I'll give him that.

"Get up Kyle, I''l be your alpha in a few years and I'll make you a rogue."

"Doubt it, Jesse's stronger and older." He said leaning back smiling causing Derek to jump off the couch and walk over to me.

"This bastard will never be alpha, I deserve it and the title is mine!" He yelled. I stood up right in front of him and looked him dead in the eye.

"I am rightfully alpha and we are werewolves so technically you're the bastard since my mother was our fathers mate! Your mother is just a relative of a horrible dead alpha who got my mother killed!" I yelled, he got my wolf angry and I couldn't help it. I see Sierra get up off the couch and she stands in between us. Derek takes a step forward rage in his eyes. She puts and hand on his chest which my wolf growled at and forced me to step towards her. She then put her hand on my arm which made my wolf relax. I turned towards the doorway starting to walk out  bumping right into my father to see my red eyes. He grabbed my arm making me look at him.

"What happened?" He asked, worry in his eyes.

"Why don't you ask your son?" I huffed, turning the other way and walking into the backyard shifting and running into the woods to calm Jackson down. What am I going to do when my uncle and friends leave, stuck here alone?