What now?

The funeral was massive, the entire Redley and Red Moon pack were there and many people I'd never met cried. Derek still hasn't spoken to me since I got back and told him what happened and now there is a whole controversy about who is alpha now that my father is dead.

It's been a month now since he died. The pack is demanding to know who the alpha will be since in my fathers Will it declared if anything happened to him before the next alpha was chosen the competition must still happen and is now led by Harry his Beta. All month Sierra has stayed with me. Kyle and I have gotten closer too since his mother was completely crushed and ended up leaving. No one knows where she went. I feel guilty for being sad. He was my father but he was their dad for years. they knew him and lost a parent. when I told Sierra this she told me that I had the right to be upset too. I was now basically an orphan now.

Uncle Tyson and Justin said that if I ever needed help with anything they would be there. I can't stop thinking that if I hadn't shown up maybe my father wouldn't have died. But then it could've been Charlie.

-

I walk into my room and Sierra is waiting in there lying on my bed. She must've snuck through my window, I'm so glad she's a wolf too. I don't think I could've dealt with a human mate easily. I walk over to the bed and lie down next to her resting my hand on her thigh. I can sense her eyes looking at me while I'm staring at the roof so I turn to her. 

"Are you okay, Jesse?" 

"Yeah." I say looking in her eyes and there down to her cute lips. I lean down a peck her and then wrap my arms around her. She pushes me back and kisses me again but this time she deepens the kiss and things get heated. Just as I go to take my shirt off Kyle storms in.

"Jes- , oh shit whoops", I turn to him and growl slightly. Sierra and I haven't really had the chance to complete the mating process, for obvious things getting in the way.

"What is it Kyle?" I ask fixing my now longish hair.

"Beta Harry wants to talk to you and Derek about the competing for the title." 

"Alright I'll head down now." I huff, while I stand up. I quickly peck Sierra before she leaves and then meet Harry and Derek in the lounge room. I sit across the couch from Derek as Harry paces in front of the TV.

"So I've made a decision, out of the options your dad had discussed with me." We both just look up at him as he pauses.

"3 stages", he pauses again while holding up 3 fingers. "The first is that you'll both get a day to control the pack entirely by yourself and I'll assess your leadership, the second stage is you two fighting with no rules, without obviously killing each other, but I'll be watching your fighting technique and decisions. And the third." He pauses longer this time looking up for a moment and breathing out heavily. "You two will train your own warriors and then bring them into a real fight against rogues."

"You mean we're going to fight Anthony's rogues?!" Derek yells, almost excited.

"Yes, although Jesse killed him, like us he has family and there are rumors of them wanting revenge, just like we do. We still obviously have time since that fight hit their numbers hard too. I want you two to remember that in wars there are always more soldiers, no good leader will take ALL his men into one fight. My point is that we don't know their numbers, especially because rogues can come from anywhere."

"We understand Harry."

"For that third stage I'll give you each a quarter of our warriors to train and take into the fight, the rest will stay here while we are gone and obvious we have the Redley's men and Alpha Jacobs has also decided to stand with us." Harry finishes waiting for our response.

"He has?" Derek and I say in union then looking at each other frowning.

"He respects both of you boys, and we should be very grateful, he has a very strong pack." we both nod. "Okay so tomorrow Derek will run the pack alone."

"No problemo". Derek responds leaning back smirking.

"Guess I'll be gone for the day." 

"Good". He replies and with that I get up and leave to get something to eat.

---

Since Derek had to be at the pack house all day he missed school, which obviously the school didn't really care about because of what happened to our dad. Derek is passing all his classes without doing any work because of the teachers pity. Since I actually value a basic education I only allowed that for a few weeks before I got back into my work. After school there was no way I was going back to the pack house. Derek would probably order me to do something stupid like help clean the pack house, and today he actually had the authority to do so.

I wait for Sierra at her locker after the last bell and see her cute wave when she notices me. 

"Hey babe." She says giving me a quick peck and then grabs her stuff from her locker while I just watch her. "Come on", she says while grabbing my hand and dragging me down the hallway faster than I expect.

We go to her pack until sundown watching her fathers warriors train. I spoke to Alpha Jacobs about him helping us fight the rogues and he said his warriors have already started training intensely. They are extremely committed to their pack and Alpha, that's obvious. 

"Alpha boy, come and join us, let's see what you've got." A guy who seems like Alpha Jacobs Beta says to me. I look down at Sierra and she just shrugs.

"Sure." I reply jumping a small fence.

"Since you're a "super" Alpha," he says making quotations with his hands. "I'll pair you up with our strongest fighter, besides the Alpha himself of course." I wait for a warrior to stand in front of me but know one does. The rest of the warriors start sparring and the Beta just stares at me.

"Wait I'm fighting you?"

"Well yes, I am the best fighter, why do you think Alpha Jacobs made me his Beta?" He smirks.

"Fair enough". I say getting into a fighting position as he does the same. He jumps at me first and I dodge him easily.

"I see you're pretty fast, I've heard you have a dangerous wolf, but let's see how young Davens fights alone." He goes to punch me and as I go to block it he grabs my arm with his other hand and puts me off guard, he then quickly sweeps my legs. "I can tell you have power and speed kid, but you need to know fighting tactics. You need to out smart your opponent". He says grabbing my hand and lifting me to my feet. No one has knocked me down that fast before, especially when I was actually trying to fight and not just resisting. "I want you to come here every second day to train with us, I'll train you to be a better fighter than any other Alpha because you'll have brains and not just bravado." He says laughing.

"Thanks I'd appreciate that." I reply.

"Well when we go to war I'd feel better with more than one Alpha having my back." He says laughing again and shaking my hand. 

I walk off with Sierra and walk her to her house and say goodbye with a quick hug and nothing else since her dad was watching. He gives me a quick nod which I return as I shift into Jackson and let him run me home.