They're my family.

It's been a month since Derek's friends attacked me and Evan never found out, I wore my hood around the house for 2 days before I healed and made sure I ate every meal in my room. I have completely avoided Derek at school so it doesn't happen again, mostly because Jackson holds a grudge and I don't know if I can continue holding him back. 

Sierra sneaks into my room at least 2-3 times a week and so far no one has found out or even seen her near the house but I don't think our luck will last long. It's getting harder to try and stay away from her at school because Jackson always wants to be around her. So far only my father Nick, Justin and Derek know that she is my mate but I'm not surprised that Derek has kept his mouth shut. People don't even know they aren't together anymore but I'm pretty sure our pack has started to notice since they are never together anymore. 

I hear my phone buzz and its a text from Justin saying that they had a rogue attack last night and he may need my help if it comes to it. I run downstairs to my fathers office where he is sitting behind his desk staring intently at his phone. 

"I just got a message from Tyson, he needs help with the rogues."

"I know I just got a message from Justin too, we need to go as soon as possible in case they plan to attack again." I say.

"No I'M going and you and Derek are staying here."

"No, they are my family, I'm going, Derek can stay here."

"Jesse, I am the acting alpha and I said you are staying here, you're not trained enough to fight in combat and you and Derek are just boys, you're not prepared to go to war."

"My cousin needs my help Evan, he's only a year older than me and he's the acting alpha of his pack, I'm not a child."

"You're also not in control, and barely know any tactics, I'll be damned if I let you go."

"Try and stop me. I promised my cousin I  would help him."

"I can and I will, now stop. We are having a pack meeting tomorrow and I will announce to the whole pack your whole situation, every detail so when I put you in charge people know you were supposed to be the rightful alpha and aren't just my bastard. I'm putting both you and Derek in charge." I decide not to argue and just nod and walk out of his office. I run out of the house, turn onto my wolf and let Jackson take over, I run all the way to Sierras pack.

I get to the alphas house and pray he already knows who am I, because otherwise it will be very awkward. two guards at the front gate stop me.

"You have Alpha Evan Davens scent, who are you?" One of them asks.

"My name is Jesse Davens, I urgently need to see the Alphas daughter."

"Does she know you're coming."

"No she doesn't, but she will want to see me, I'm her mate." They open their eyes wide, I had know time to convince them to let me see her, that wasn't the easiest option.

"I'll take you to her, this way." One of them says and I follow him to the front door. He knocks twice and I just stand behind him quite scared. The door opens revealing a massively built man with black hair and green eyes similar to Sierra's.

"You must be Davens long lost boy." He says looking at me, "I'm Alpha Thomas Jacobs", he continued outstretching his hand and in return I shake it looking at him confusingly. He gestures me inside and closes the door behind me, "my guard told me Jesse Davens was at the front door and your father told me about you, but I am curious to know why you've come to my pack."

"Alpha, I've come to see Sierra."

"She did tell me she found her mate and the Red Moon Pack, I put two and two together and figured it would be the new 16 year old member of the pack."

"Does she know you know Sir?"

"No she doesn't but Jesse, do know that I'm quite glad my daughter is mated to a strong alpha, even if you aren't who I expected."

"Alpha Jacobs, I want you to know that I'm going to try my best to win the title against Derek for Sierra."

"I have no doubt that you won't, being the son of two Alphas and all."

"My father told you?"

"He didn't have too, I knew your mother a long time ago, a wonderful lady, anyway I just mind linked Sierra she is out the back you may go and see her now, nice to meet you Jesse."

"Thank you Alpha." I reply walking to the backyard and see her sitting under a tree.

"Sierra." I say running over to her and giving her a tight hug.

"Jesse, what are you doing here? My father just told me he knows you're my mate."

"He told me he figured it out when you told him you found your mate in my pack."

"Of course he did," she says chuckling.

"Sierra, Justin's pack got attacked."

"What, how bad?"

"Pretty bad, and my father is going to help but he wont let me go with him."

"Jesse, I'm sure you cousins pack will be fine, you-"

"No Sierra, Evan wont let me go with him, but I still have to go, I promised Justin."

"Jesse, you cant its too dangerous, I don't care how strong you are."

"I'm sorry I have to, they are my family, I wouldn't forgive myself if something happened to one of them and I wasn't there to help." She looked up and me and looked straight into my eyes and then looked down suddenly, defeated. I wrapped my arms around her and held her tight and then shifted and ran into the woods. I had to make a plan.

---

I got back right when the pack meeting was finishing and people were leaving. Everyone looked at me unusually, they normally walk past me like I'm no one but now they all bowed their heads. I felt awkward and just nodded back at them and then went up to my father.

"They all know the whole story now?"

"Yes and everyone will treat you like a real Alpha's son now. Some even think I should automatically give the title to you."

"I don't want that anyway. Derek has every right I do."

"Yes, he does, that's why you're both in charge when I'm away and you WILL work together, appropriately, understood?"

"Yes, but does he know that?"

"Well I have to leave now so I'm telling him on the way out, if he slips up at any point and argues with you, Beta harry is here, I'm only taking the warriors with me."

"Stay safe dad," Evan paused as he was walking and looked at me and then came back to me and gave me a quick tight hug.

"I will son." And then he walked out the door. I quickly got my backpack and then go to Derek's room. I knock twice and he just grunts signalling me to come inside.

"Derek we need to talk." He's lying on his bed and he rolls his eyes at me.

"What do you want now? Its bad enough we are BOTH in charge while dad is helping YOUR family's pack."

"That's what we need to talk about, dad wont let me go but I'm going to help my family anyway so I need you to help me." He stops and finally looks intrigued.

"How?"

"You've got to make excuses to Harry and anyone who asks where I am."

"Done." And with that I just nod at him and sneak out the back shifting into my wolf, putting the backpack in my mouth and letting him take control.