Dream Girl

Que had just came back from a show and he told me to stop by his house because he had a gift for me. I told him I'll be there in a few minutes because I had to get dressed. Que and I lived two houses away from each other so I just walked over there. I told my mama I was going to Que's and she just told me to call if I spend the night. That's the benefit of having a boy best friend who's mama is basically best friends with yours, she doesn't think that I'm going over there to do anything crazy and he's the only boy she trusts with me, well that she trust the most because she trust Issa and them too.

I made it to Que's pretty quickly and when I walked in Mama Rosie was in the living room watching TV. I walked over to her a kissed on the cheek and gave her a hug. " Hey Ms.Rosie."

" Girl what did I tell you about that. "

I playfully rolled my eyes and chuckled.

" I'm sorry Mama Rosie it's a habit."

" It's okay baby, now gon' and find Que he's upstairs doing something."

I walked upstairs and into Que's room to see him laying on the bed watching Juice. He didn't hear me come in so I took that as an opportunity to jump on top of him. He yelled really loud and when he realized that it was me he calmed down but I was dying on the floor of laughter.
" Queedy you should of seen your face! You we're all like." I stood in front of him mocking his facial expression.

" Man you play too much, I was just chilling and you wanna bother a nigga."

" yeah, yeah whatever. What did you want Que. I was busy." I said to him with a fake attitude

" Busy doing what? And I have a gift for you ugly."

" I was actually just playing with Nia but I could of actually been busy. "

Que laughed at what I said and just shook his head. He walked to his closet and pulled out a sneaker box and opened it to get two smaller boxes. Then he walked up to me and told me to turn around and close my eyes.

" Okay open them now." I looked down to see a beautiful necklace sitting on my chest. It was a diamond encrusted necklace with a blue heart and my initial in the middle. It may seem corny but I used to tell Que how I had a name necklace that my father gave me but it broke recently and how I wanted a new one but I never did because it wouldn't be the same. The fact that Que remembered meant a lot to me so I'll cherish this forever. 

" Que This is beautiful ! Thank you so much you didn't have to did this." I hugged him so tight. A few tears slipped out of my eyes but I wiped them before Que could see.

" You welcome Naj but that's not it."

Que pulled out another box but it was way smaller kind of like a earring or ring box. He opened the box and it was a infinity ring. He grabbed my hand and placed the it on my ring finger.

" I know it's not a lot but this is kind of like a promise ring. I promise to always be there for you and do right by you because you're my best friend and I love you "

" I love you too Que, you're the best friend ever."

I wanted to say so much more than that but I knew if I did I would wind up confessing my feelings for him and it's not the time for that.  I hugged Que again and said thank you so many times to the point where he told to shut up.

" Are you staying over? " Que looked over at me for an answer.

At looked at the time to see it was almost 11. I called my mama to tell her I was staying over and she told me to just come home to take Nia to daycare tomorrow since her and my stepdad are going to work early.

" yeah I'm staying, mama Rosie gonna be okay with it right? "

" You already know she is, she tells you that just as much as she tells stop calling her Ms.Rosie."

" I knowwww but still go ask." I whined at him knowing he'll do it.

" Aight damn shut up Naj."

" Thank you Queedy." I smiled at him.

He got up and walked to the door then yelled "Mama can Naji stay the night?!! "

" of course she can baby! " she answered back

Que looked back at me with a face that said ' See told you.'

" Now, can I watch the rest of the movie in silence "

" You've seen this movie hundreds of times! Can we just go to sleep or something? "

Que rolled his eyes at me and mumbled something about me being a baby. Que climbed in his bed and patted a spot next to him.

" come on Naji, come lay down."

" Wait where are my pajamas? "

" In the bottom drawer, the black Adidas shorts."

I grabbed the shorts out of the drawers then I went to the bathroom to change into them when I came back into the room I took off my shirt and threw it all in the dirty clothes bin. I got under the covers and laid next to Que. As soon as my head hit that pillow my eyes started to get heavy.
Que whispered " What do you want me to sing Naj? "

" Dream Girl."

As I drifted to sleep Que softly sang to me.

Tell me where to find you.

I ain't never met a girl that's like you.

girl, Where is our love ?

I been searchin' you've been hiding it.

*

*

*

So this is the first chapter.

Do you like it ?

don't forget to vote and comment

Naji is my middle name btw