My Attention

Today was the day that Que and I were going out tonight. It was really early in the morning and I had to start tutoring at the center by 12. 

I got up from my bed and headed to the bathroom to shower and brush my teeth. 

After I finished I got Nia out of her crib and fed her. Que told me to drop her off at his mom's house right before I left to the center so I got her dressed first because it wouldn't take as long. 

When I was done putting on her shoes my phone started ringing, I assumed it was Que so I didn't even bother looking at the caller ID. When I picked up it wasn't him. 

It was Missy.

She called and told me that she was in Atlanta and wanted to come see me. I was so excited because I missed her so much. Its been a week or two since I last spoke to her so I was happy she was coming down. I gave her the directions to my house and she told me she'll be there in an hour. By this time it was already about 8 so I had a lot of time to spare.

Within in the hour I heard knocking on my door. I went to go open it and Missy was standing right there.

I didn't even have a chance to fully open the door for her before she jumped on me, attacking me with hugs and kisses. 

She seemed to miss me a lot.

" Bitch I missed yo' country ass so much! "

See told you.

" And I missed your Hoodrat ass too.!"

" See there you go talking all that shit. Now where is my God baby."

I honestly missed these moments so much with Missy, she's the only reason it was hard to leave New York but I had to.

" she's in the living room in her play pin." I lead her to the living room where Nia was literally laid on the mat sleeping, that's literally all she does and eat of course.

" She looks just like you Naj."

" I know, thank God."

" Y'know Drew got locked up like right after you left?" 

Missy explained to me that he had another party and did the same thing to another girl that he did to me but that girl told her big brother and they pressed charges. The girl was under aged so he serving a few months since they didn't have enough evidence to pin the rape on him.

" Good for that ass hat."

" Yo I really can't with you. " She said laughing

Since Missy is here I thought I would spend the day with her instead. I called up the supervisor of the center to tell him I can't make it.

" It's alright, we just gonna call to give you the day off. Have a great day." We both hung up.

Missy was picking up Nia trying to wake her up which is gonna be hard, my baby is a heavy sleeper.