Young Boy

"Naji do you ever think you'll get married? "

" Yes, I want a really big wedding too, with a big pretty white dress."

" What about kids? "

" When I'm older I want three  kids two girls and a boy. I'll name them Honor, Ava, and Hendrix but not til' I'm bout 25"

Que was just staring at Naji slowly taking in everything she said. He knew right then he wanted to give her the whole world and more but he was only eleven , so how could he?

" I could give you all that, Naj."

" How Que?" She looked at him disbelievingly.

" Imma get rich, we gon' get married and have kids,and we'll be fine."

" No, Que you're suppose to marry the person you love."

" I love you Naj, you don't love me? "

" Of course I do but you're my best friend. I don't think you can marry your best friend." she laughed in response.

Que's heart dropped.

*
*
*
Naji
" Remember when you first got braces and played football with Ron and Gylon."

Yeah, this nigga Ron scrapped his whole hand on my  mouth, I had all his skin in my braces that shit was nasty." He shook his head chuckling.

"  You were crying like a big ass baby! "

" You can't be talking shit about me because you cried like a baby at your sweet sixteen!" He rebutted

" My hair almost caught on fire!!!  "

We were both laughing so hard by now, reminiscing on when we were younger.  Then it got silent.

"Remember when we were younger and I said I gon' marry you one day?"

" Yes"

" Im still gonna hold true to that, I love you."

" I love you too but we don't need to think about all that now, we're 18. I need to focus on college  and you on your music."

" I can focus on my music and still plan a future with you because that's just what it is...our future. That promise ring I gave you few weeks ago it's going to turn into a engagement ring soon."

" Soon? You ready for that Rod? "

" I have been since the day I told you."

*

*

*

Que

Naji just went to work and I would watch Nia for her today. Missy just came home from work, I just found out that she's staying down here for the summer until she goes off to CAU in the fall. I'm happy Naji is going to have someone else down here with her since I'm going to be traveling and doing shows a lot more for Fan Affiliated. 

Missy walked up to me and gave me a hug then picked up Nia and started playing with her. 

" Oh Que I need to talk to you." 

"Wassup?"

" Okay so I know Naj told you what happened to her in New York but I told her recently that they are trying to build a case against him and they need people to testify."

" So you want her to testify ?"

" Well yeah, I just want her to finally be at peace and get the justice she deserves and the little girl he did it too but you know Naji is stubborn as hell and only listens to you."