Chapter Three

I woke up, my body still tired, probably from shifting so much. Opening my eyes slowly I panicked when I saw I was lying in a bed, in an unfamiliar house.

Trying to sit up, but obviously failing I decided to study the room I was in. Looking around, it was a pretty nice place, clean and organized. I was only in one bedroom, but I could tell it was some sort of small apartment.

The bed was in the corner with a dresser and body mirror on the opposite wall. The door opened up to a small hallway, which I could hear someone walking in. The girl Vanessa appeared in the doorway.

She had violet hair, with grey eyes. Average height, and skinny build. Vanessa had sweatpants and a t-shirt that said, "Pugs not drugs" on it. I laughed to myself at the shirt. With all my effort I sat up on the bed.

I probably looked like crap. I had been living wherever I could, my clothes dirty and raggedy. My hair hadn't been washed in weeks and I knew I smelled bad.

She smiled at me and extended a mug with herbal tea in it. I took it, thankful, but still hesitant about her. I can't trust her, she could tell anyone now that she knows about my secret.

"Who are you?" She asks, sitting down in a small arm chair.

"Honestly, I don't know. I do know that I can't be sure if I can trust you or not." Eyeing her with suspicion.

"I can keep your secret. It's okay I won't tell anyone. I'm just curious about you." She pleaded.

"I don't know." She could be lying. "What if you're lying?" I confronted. I've learned that when people get scared they tell you whatever you want to know.

I sipped my tea as she begged for my trust. "I promise I won't tell! I'm not even friends with that many people! You can trust me! I just want to know who you are." Tears came down her cheeks.

"Jeez, jeez, calm down. It's not that big of a deal." She sniffled and grabbed a tissue from her pocket. "My mother said to me right before she died that I was something called a 'shifter'. I had no idea what that was until today." I explained.

"When you turned into that dog and bird?"

"Exactly."

"So um, where do you live. Your family must've known about your....powers." Vanessa struggled to find the right words.

"My family is gone, I've lived on the streets, no one but you and I know about these, powers." I whispered. I hated talking about my family to other people.

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that." She said sympathetically.

"Don't be."

"Well would you want to live here? With me? My apartment has two bedrooms."

"Seriously?! But I just met you!"

"No, really it's fine. We can be friends. I can help you harness your powers too! We'll be like sisters or something."

As Vanessa walked out of the room I called her, she turned around, "Thanks Vanessa, for everything."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope you guys like it! What do you think is going to happen next? Any plot twist ideas? Or chapter ideas? Comment below! New chapter coming soon!!!!