Chapter Eight

"I can't wait!" I exclaimed to Vanessa. She looked at me questioning my words.

"What do you mean?" She asked, confused.

"I can use my powers all the time with your help. I can learn to shift 24/7 and get stronger and better." I explained.

"Uh huh, cool..." Her words drifted off.

"And maybe I could make a public announcement and start an official-" Vanessa cut me off.

"Stop talking Kuro." She gave me a stange look. I couldn't tell what it was, hate? Jealousy?

"Did someone get up on the wrong side of the bed?" I teased.

"No, actually I didn't." She stated.

"Then what's up with you?" I laughed jokingly.

"I'm sick of your stupid rambling! Me this. Me that! You never pay attention to anyone but yourself!" She spat.

"Woah Vanessa..." I started. "I didn't know-"

"NO!" She screamed at me, "I'm sick of you talking! Just leave me alone from now on!" Vanessa ran to her room.

What was up with her? I didn't think I was being selfish, I wanted to help other people with my power. Help the world not glorify myself. Is that really what Vanessa thinks of me????

Walking to my room I had to pass her bedroom. She was saying something, probably on the phone. Who could it be? I heard snippets of her conversation, not that I wanted to eavesdrop, but her conversation was intriguing.

"Yes, tonight the plan goes through. Mhm, yes definitely. Okay, bye."

What plan??? What was Vanessa planning?!?!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ug, this chapter was really short, it was just a filler. Be expecting better next chapter.