Chapter Nine

Someone shoved a rag over my mouth in the middle of the night. I wanted to scream, what the- I passed out from loss of oxygen and couldn't finish my thoughts. 

My mind regained consciousness, but when I tried to open my eyes I only saw darkness. My hands had rope around them, and I tried in vain to get up. Screaming didn't help either, there was a rag in my mouth. I struggled in my spot trying to get out even though I knew it wouldn't be possible.

Where am I? Who kidnapped me? What are they going to do to me?

I felt the gag being removed from my mouth and I coughed, heaving in as much oxygen as possible.  Next my blindfold was taken off and I was blinded by bright lights. I squinted my eyes and let them focus for a minute.

I almost threw up when my eyes refocused. Vanessa was standing there, death staring me while sharpening a knife.

"Va-Vanes-Vanessa! What th-" I stammered, but she quickly silenced me. Blood dripped down my face from where she cut me. She held the knife up to my throat.

"Kuro, stay quiet, or you will be in more pain than necessary." She hissed in my ear and walked over to a table setting the weapon down. When she moved away she was holding some sort of small black box. I looked at the table behind her, it had multiple knives and other weapons on it.

Is she going to torture me?!

She brought the small box up to my skin and flipped it on. Electric currents shot through my body and I screamed in agony. It lasted only a minute and when she brought it away she was smirking as we both saw the damage it did to my skin. My skin sizzled and it was a sickening sight.

What seemed like forever she kept hurting me. Cutting me with a knife, electrocuting me, hurting my skin. The whole time I was screaming my head off, my throat was sore by the time I stopped. Blood was all over Vanessa and my clothes. I was losing consciousness but was awaken by Vanessa splashing water on me.

"NO!" She screamed at me. "You will be awake for this. For when your life is draining away, your useless little self centered life." I stared at her no idea what was going on.

My wrists and ankles were rubbed raw from my binds and body sore from the torture. How could I get away, if only I could-

Kuro you idiot! Shifting, you can change and get away. Why didn't I think of this earlier. I had no idea what would happen, Vanessa could easily kill me. I was already weakened and I had no idea where or how to get out.

I focused the last of my energy into shifting and I felt myself changing. I chose a lion, the biggest animal that came to mind. As I felt my binds break I heard someone kick down the door. Finn! Finn ran in with a gun. He saw me and looked at Vanessa who picked up a gun of her own. I leapt away from where I was tied up and swiped a giant lion paw at her.

My claws barely scratched her as she ducked out of my reach. I roared and leapt at her again, this time hitting head on, my claws dug into her flesh and she screamed. Her gun fired and I felt it hit my leg. I instantly fell over and switched back to human form. Finn yelled something and I saw him shooting his gun at Vanessa before I passed out.

.......

I woke up in a car and shot my head up, ready to fight. Someone reassured me.

"Hey, hey, Kuro, it's okay now. You're safe." I looked over and saw Finn smiling at me as best he could considering the fact we both could've died. The memories flashed back into my mind and I gripped the car seat still scared. Finn rested his hand on mine and continued driving. I decided not to say anything.

Remembering the gun shot and knife wounds I looked down. My body seemed fine besides a few small scars and cuts, not to mention my clothes were ripped and bloody.

"How's this possible?" I said looking at Finn. He looked at me.

"Maybe it's your powers? You get super fast healing or something." He laughed. When tears started coming down my face I looked out the window at the fast moving scenery. It was nighttime so all I saw was the stars and distant lights of buildings.

"What happened to Vanessa?"

"Gone, you don't have to worry about her anymore." He said.

"Why?" I asked, I knew he knew what I was talking about.

"Honestly I have no idea..." Finn trailed off, but I figured he was just shocked as much as I was.

"So where are we going?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Somewhere safe. Go back to sleep you must be tired." He said and leaned over to kiss my forehead. I leaned my head against the window and fell asleep to the sound of the soft radio playing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for this chapter. Hope you liked it. It's a small plot twist, but not really. Comment, vote, follow! :)